Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Where did the Reply button go?
7/6/2006 10:08:13 AM
I will be testing something else soon. :) Meanwhile, here's Bogdans view: "When a person deletes a message from their end, there is no way to display a response to them, as the thread is removed from their inbox. So in short this is a feature. There is always a way to communicate as you noticed by starting a new thread." Starting a new thread would be what Leon does: "I have had to click the person's name (go to profile) and click [send a personal message]."
Roger Bjornerud - Back from vacation - Planning the next :)
roger.bjornerud@gmail.com

Free Leads System . Click here to visit my Blog 5 Key Formula Steps

+0
James Max

711 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/6/2006 10:24:47 AM
Hey Roger, I find that reply button a little mysterious, myself. I assume that if you send a message and do not check the "notifiy me" box, the message will end up with a "block button" only (no reply button). This means you close the communication link and do not need a reply to that particular post. If you feel a need to reply anyway, as you said, you can click on the "name" and go to the person's profile to send a message Thanks for Caring and Sharing, maxinvegas
Free Monetize Adsense Niche Blogs For Affiliate Marketing - http://www.goodnewsforall.com/PLR/AutoIncomeBlog/
+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/6/2006 11:10:35 AM
Hi Max, Checking the notify me box. Do you mean the 2 boxes you get whenever you send a msg? "Email me when someone opens this post" "Email me when someone replies to this post" Or do you refer to the option in any forum: "Email me when someone replies to this thread" None of these 3 options affect the replybutton. If you were referring to a 4th option you have to be much more specific so I can find it and take a look.

+0
9/11/2006 3:43:34 AM
Well..I noticed that when I make a post there is a button that says don't allow replies to this post...
So if you don't want someone to reply you can turn off the reply button.
Becky
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/11/2006 4:05:57 AM
Hi Becky You can check the box: "Do not allow replies..." when you post in any forum, but what I originally tried to discuss here was the private msg system which you find on the left: Networking>Personal. If you send a private message to someone and immediately delete your copy of the message you at the same time take away the replybutton from that persons version of your message. This forces that person to do more than usual to reply to your message which in turn reduces the chance for a reply at all. Some might accidentally block you since this is their only viewable option, while others will think that you are blocking them. Solution: Wait a while before deleting your copy of messages you have sent to others.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!