Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Wolfgang was right.
6/24/2006 12:38:24 PM
Hi all... Gary, you're right... I was catching up on zzzz. Much needed. Woke up to several voice messages - spend a chunk of time on the phone and found out I have company coming over in a couple of hours. Random thoughts... 1) Anyone that can't conduct a conversation without swearing and name calling isn't worth conversing with. Period. I don't much care if they are right or wrong if they are uncivilized asshats. Age is no excuse for bad manners. 2) Apologies don't undo words once spoken. Reputations have been earned. 3) If that conversation had happened in my forum, it would have been different because of my ONE rule. No personal attacks. It's a good rule IMHO. 4) I formed a new level of respect for Georgios for the way he conducted himself. I don't always have to agree with someone to respect the way they conduct themselves. Now there's a life tip, hmm? 5) Jenny SJ is totally awesome. Just totally! 6) Dave Cottrell and Ana Marie confirmed what I already knew. They are truly GOOD people that don't lose their cool in the heat of conversation. 7) If people want to leave the forum, they should simply do so without the fanfare. Anything else is like a 5 year old professing that they are running away from home. The theatrics are for children. Grow up. And last but not least... Schlep? Mensch? Oy vey? My grandfather was a Jew. As was Jesus, though most "good Christians" seem to forget that. I was not raised Jewish, but I was raised on Grandpapa's knee. He was my hero. The words slip in from time to time. *wink* : ) Linda
+0
6/24/2006 12:52:57 PM
Hi; ========== I feel that we are suffering from an information overload on the Internet and even here at Adland. Everyone seems to quote everyone. If everyone did their "homework" before they put any article on Internet - which isn't difficult, but takes a little time to do - there would be far less on it and we would be able "to see the wood for the trees" ========== Bravo. Now we need to (somehow) spread that message. "Copy and paste" is not always a good thing. lol : ) Linda
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/24/2006 12:55:43 PM
Hi Linda Now who's copying and pasting?! LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist it. Nobody has ever called me "awesome" before. Love Jenny
+0
6/24/2006 12:59:54 PM
Hi Jenny; ========== Nobody has ever called me "awesome" before. ========== How silly of them. You are and they should. And there I go copying and pasting again. LOL. (But it's the good kind) : ) Linda
+0
Mark Hodgetts

71 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/24/2006 4:48:30 PM
AS usual, this is a fantastic topic. I'm in th emiddle of writing an e-book at the moment and the core message is very relevant to me right now. When I perform another proof read I'll ake sure that here are no guesses. This is easier said than done. Sometimes we can here a saying often enough that we believe it to be fact. Sometimes we hold these "facts" to be gospel and that leads us into dangerous territory. The thread that Gary mentioned is both bizzare and a fascinating example of where we are as a race. It is very sad to think that people can only countenence one "truth." I think it was Billy Joel who wrote "Shades of gray wherever I go - the more I find out the less I know" People who are always right brand themselves as stupid and dangerous. People who don't question what they're spoon fed get what they deserve. (Gary our country deserves John Howard regrettably) Linda where do you find the time to create these fantastic posts?
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!