Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Wolfgang was right.
6/24/2006 4:01:22 AM
Richard Cranium? Hmm. Let me ponder. Richard... Dick? Cranium... head? Dick + head = Dickhead. Gotcha! That term would have to be an Aussie icon, for sure. LOL! I use it a lot, unfortunately. Yeah, Norm. That thread I referred to was very bitter indeed. Actually, it was stupid or as Linda says: stoooooopid. I have to say that I really like most Americans that I have met. I have a wonderful friend, Joe Rossini, in New Jersey. We talk a lot. He is a great thinker. You can check out how clever he is here: www.eHappyLife.com Regarding the US administration... hmm - I don't like too much of what I see about GWB. Then again, I don't like John Howard or Tony Blair too much either. In fact, I can't really name ANY politician that I like. Surprise, surprise! I thought Bill Clinton was charismatic. Well Monica thought he was and look where that got her! There's no cigar (heh...heh...) for getting my drift on that. Politics and religion always get people riled. Some folk who have no ability to control their tempers will even get into fisticuffs over such things. It's dopey. Me? I'd rather read a good book than engage in too much political or religious debate. Starve the bardies, Gary
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/24/2006 4:07:00 AM
Hi Gary, I am all too familiar with the forum you have mentioned. Talk about bizarre! It seems that things have been ironed out, friendships restored, and some mutual friends will now be simply taking a much needed break, rather than leaving. It did serve to inspire my thread, Hurt, Humiliation and Human Beings, which has, thankfully, had a very good response. Peace and reason seems to have come back to our fine community. BTW, I think "schlep" is a nice Yiddish word for the term you used the other day! God bless, Dave
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/24/2006 4:11:46 AM
Well Dave, ========= "I receive a lot of positive input for what I write, but must confess that the research is NOT difficult, thanks to this great tool called the Internet." ========== That's coz you are the voice of reason. You actually THINK about what you write. Incidentally, why didn't that link work. I'll try again: http://www.ehappylife.com Check this site out. It is a font of knowledge and wisdom from one of the wisest and nicest guys that I know. And yes, he is an AMERICAN! Regards Gary
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/24/2006 4:50:54 AM
Hi Dave, You said: ============ "I am all too familiar with the forum you have mentioned. Talk about bizarre!" ============ Being a bit of a student of what motivates and inspires people I couldn't help but look at the main proponents of that awful exchange. The guy who started it is 71 years old. I read his bio. I also visited another thread where he used the same insults and called people all sorts of names. Seems like that is his style. He must be a very bitter man. I'm just glad that he isn't my neighbour. He says that he has no wife and no children. I wonder why? The other guy - the so-called "Ambassador of Goodwill at Adland" was his lieutenant in all this slanging and abuse. I really didn't expect that from him even though I believed some time ago that he was running nobbled POTW elections (but that's another issue). What a misnomer the title that he claims is. No wonder he wanted to resign his post and hand it to you. In my opinion he has exposed himself horribly and even if you don't want to do the job he should resign. I thought the two victims, if you can call them that, behaved fairly well considering the verbal assaults they had to endure. They ignored a lot of the abuse until it became even more unbearable. Really, it was quite fascinating in a weird sort of way to see how it all unfolded. Linda, who is probably getting her zzzzz count up, will probably be wondering what the heck we are talking about here. That's why I added that Adland link - just in case anybody wanted to punish their senses with the war that took place. I heard about it a few days ago but when Art said he was leaving because of it I had to go and have a rubber neck at it all. My goodness. Like you said - bizzare. Very bizzare. Gary
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/24/2006 5:32:12 AM
Hi Linda et al Going back to your original posting, I must agree with what you said. I feel that we are suffering from an information overload on the Internet and even here at Adland. Everyone seems to quote everyone. There is so much repetition of other peoples' facts that it is very easy to miss something new and fresh. If everyone did their "homework" before they put any article on Internet - which isn't difficult, but takes a little time to do - there would be far less on it and we would be able "to see the wood for the trees" My guess is that a very large percentage of useful information is lost in a sea of....... (one of my favourite words coming up here) DRIVEL. Have a lovely day everyone. Jenny
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!