Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Cool or confusion
11/1/2007 10:28:15 AM
From Bogdan Fiedur: Re: pop ups Date: 11/1/2007 Hi Mary, When you go to your personal option, there is an item at the bottom which allows you on changing pop-up options. where it says Online Live Forum Notification Options: Go here and see if you have changed them. http://community.adlandpro.com/editprofile.aspx Bogdan
+0
11/2/2007 9:34:08 AM
Hi

Thanks to the invite Mary, hope all is well with you!

To answer your question, I do not like pop-ups in any form. Pop-Ups are a big problem with dial-up. T
hey slow down the download of the page + their very annoiying. They block the view + I need to click the X to get them out of my way !!! That's how I feel about pop-ups, great post. Enjoy the weekend...

To your success

Speak Out and Pass it On !!!
Broadcast Decency, UVACA
+0
11/5/2007 8:52:31 AM
Hi Mary

This is to Bodgan question to regard noticing a change in speed with pop-ups.

As you know Bodgan I'm on dial-up! When you first introduced these pop-ups the speed was very slow. Now, it's a big improvement as they do not interferre any longer with downloading. I'm very pleased with the work you put in to regards speed.

Please, consider to remove the option to add pics to the forums. I and others that is on dial-up can't view or posts, it's impossible to download those forums. I hope that you will think about it or come up to a solution that will work for people on dial-up.

Have yourself a fantastic week, enjoy the day!

To your success

Speak Out and Pass it On !!!
Broadcast Decency, UVACA

Visit//Join my forum!
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/6/2007 8:54:31 AM
I clicked on the url Bogdan gave us and there was no statement about notifications via pop ups. Sometimes I have them and then other times I don't. That still as mystery for me. Florence, your question was forwarded to Bogdan and his response is that that dial up is antiquated.
+0
11/7/2007 8:51:56 AM
Hi Mary, I get pop-ups only if I'm viewing pages in the Community while not logged in. I have to say to Florence that I totally understand what you're saying - I'm on dial-up also and I stay away from the pic/video sites. I can't contribute anyway since I'm 'antiquated' enough that I don't understand a lot about the bells and whistles that are involved with such things. I do take exception at Bogdan's comment about dial-up being antiquated. Yes, it is up to Florence and I to either upgrade our computers or make do with what we have, not for Bogdan to change and modify his site to fit us. But he could have said that he's not going to slow down his progress because some people can't keep up or something a little less harsh. I think everyone does as well as they can with what they have; there are locations where DSL is not available (yes, it's true!). My two cents.....
+0