Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: How often do you blog?
8/7/2006 1:32:02 PM
Thanks for this forum. I need to get back & update my blogs.
+0
John Dilbeck

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/17/2006 10:09:04 AM
I think that is an interesting question, but I also think you will get answers across a wide spectrum. I have multiple blogs and I don't follow a regular schedule. My primary blog is updated much more than the others. Over the last several years, I've averaged blogging several times a day, until I ran into some problems last December. I had multiple blogs at Blogger, and after experiencing one too many problems there, I archived all my blogger blogs and started switching to WordPress and multiple domains. It has been a lot of work. It became more work when Mom, for whom I am a full-time caretaker, broke her leg and wasn't able to walk again, using her walker with me holding a safety belt, until late February. Then, in May, I started researching additional ways to bring visitors to my sites and what I expected to take a weeek or so turned into about nine weeks. So, my blogging was completely disrupted from early December (or thereabouts) until last week. I managed to blog now and then on a couple of them, but most were dormant. Now, I'm in the process of redesigning my blog templates, but that's going quickly. So, after months, I'm finally getting back on a regular blogging schedule. Normally, I blog several times per day, spread out over many sites, so it averages several times per week for each blog. Fortunately, after all the research I've been doing, I have enough material to keep me blogging for months. I do this full-time and I still have difficulty blogging on a regular basis overall. ;) But, I keep working at it. All the best, JD
+0
8/31/2006 1:59:25 AM
Some very interesting answers here. I will say it this way ... you are the author of your blog so you are in control as to content and how often you wish to post to it. As for the purpose of your blog, that should dictate to you as to how often to post. Blogs that boost product reviews and help with sales should be daily where as if you are talking about the weekend hike in the mountains this may be the only posts. So ask yourself how many catagories of writing do you want to be involved with. How much can you devote? What is the blog's purpose. Hope this provokes your thoughts. Kenneth
+0
8/31/2006 12:58:26 PM
 Hi John,

Thanks for that helpful analysis.  You have also reminded us of the value of having more than one blog.  Do all our viewers realize that we are allowed more than one blog here at Bizzyblogz? And that means just one main account, but can create two blogs.

How often do I post to blogs?  Not often enough, but I keep working at trying to improve my schedule.  If we create a newsletter style entry, then maybe that self-imposed deadline will require, at the least ,  monthly postings.

Depending on the topics at hand, I try to post at least weekly and sometimes more often.  With many rss feeds showing a list of the ten most recents posts, it could be helpful to have at least 1 or 2 blog entries in the top ten most recent list.

Wayne
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/31/2006 11:10:29 PM
Hello Renee, I try to blog at least acouple times awweek , thanks great forum,kathy/simikathy.com
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!