Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: What *not* to do to a POTW
5/24/2006 4:15:49 PM
Hi Linda, Congrats on your POTW. Good advice as always. The business ads aren't just for the POTW's though. It happens more than it should from my perspective and that includes invitations. I just plain don't have time for that kind of thing in what I consider friendship building. I will respond to real letters, because they took the time to communicate. I can't be the only one who get invitations that are more of a business ad list than anything. It's really heartwarming when I get an actual introduction to the person asking to connect. As you said, that will be rememebered; the business ads type won't.
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/24/2006 7:15:58 PM
Linda, You are an easy target. Your pic and short bio is on the opening page of Adland. What did you REALLY expect? The lazy marketers would see this as manna from heaven. Thought process: "Wow! If I could just get this one person into my downline, with ALL her credibility just imagine ALL the people she could throw underneath her. I'm gonna be RICH!" Little do they know... (sigh) And Peter: =============== "Or how to turn the "POTW" into, as I like to refer to this whole thing, the "POW"." =============== THAT was so funny. You made me laugh - again! Gary
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
5/24/2006 9:15:35 PM
Hey Linda, You have quite a way with words. :) Honestly, I like to believe that those who send ads through guest invitations and private messages are just too inexperienced to realize that they are pushing away the recipient and reducing their credibility rather than the other way around. There is a definite learning curve in networking online. Those who read your suggestion are a step ahead because you have just shortened their learning curve. Thanks for all of us!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
5/24/2006 10:25:36 PM
Hi! I'm doubling up a little.... lol. Just so I don't have to look at my own photo five times in a row. lol. Cheri said; ===== It never ceases to amaze me that you can say just the right thing without being offensive. I'm sure future POTWs will thank you for this. ===== Thanks! lol. I'm sure there are a few people who think I'm offensive anyway, but I sincerely do try to make a point without stepping on any toes while doing it. Linda said; ===== You have quite a way with words. Honestly, I like to believe that those who send ads through guest invitations and private messages are just too inexperienced to realize that they are pushing away the recipient and reducing their credibility rather than the other way around. ===== Thanks! I do love words... though you'd never know it first thing in the morning. heh. I agree with you. I do think a lot of people are very inexperienced. But, I also think it becomes a situation where so many are doing it that they think it's the right thing to do. Gentle hints don't seem to register so I try to choose words that might cut through the clutter enough to make them stop and think. : ) Linda
+0
5/24/2006 10:33:13 PM
Hi... ========== You are an easy target. Your pic and short bio is on the opening page of Adland. What did you REALLY expect? ========== Heh, heh, heh. Mind if I answer that totally honestly? You don't mind? Well, thank you! lol What I REALLY expect is to be treated with respect. Here - and everywhere. I don't always *get* that, mind you (lol) but I always EXPECT it. You see, I believe that I should not expect anything from others that I am not willing to deliver myself. I believe the best leaders are running through the trenches alongside their troops. I believe in the Golden Rule. I do my utmost to treat others with respect, so I DO expect to be respected. Sometimes I don't get that... but it doesn't bother me in the least. Not one bit. Because, you see, the dirt is on their karma, not mine. You asked.... *wink* Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!