Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Gaaah -- so I'm in 2nd place and didn't know I was nominated. lol
5/14/2006 7:48:59 PM
Deborah, I don't think this is over yet. Here's the latest: ==================== Who is your choice for Person of the Week?! [240 votes total] Georgios Paraskevopoulos (80) 33% Myrna Ferguson (3) 1% Shannon Bolin (38) 16% Linda Caroll (103) 43% Harold Coram (7) 3% Anthony Vieira Da Cruz (1) 0% Jeannie George (4) 2% Leon Horton (2) 1% Nan Herring (2) 1% Manuel Davis (0) 0% ==================== Like we've seen before the POTW can stay open for as long as it needs to. There appears to be no standard time. It ain't over till it's over. Gary
+0
5/14/2006 8:24:53 PM
Hi Linda. I know what you mean about getting ALP mail, the first I really knew about being nominated (I know AGAIN!!!) was when John Sanchez congratulated me on winning & asked for my Bio..... Not to sure whats happening with the mail here these days, it only seems the spam is getting through to the personal mail box here. By the way, went to vote for you, but for some reason it informed me I had already voted this week, which is strange as I have been in Oregon the last three weeks finding a new home as my wife Pam's COPD that she contracted after getting bronchial pneumonia back in March, will not allow us to be able to live in Las Vegas through another hot summer. Anyway, you where still in the lead as of 6.17pm PST.... Your Security Friend in Las Vegas. (not for much longer)
+0
5/16/2006 12:05:31 PM
Hi Anthony; You're sure right on the spam! lol Congrats on being the current POW. Heh.. I can relate -- didn't even know I was up there until I started getting "oh my god, you're pulling ahead" messages. lol Thanks for trying to give me a vote. lol. Peter and I go through that, too. Only one of us can vote. The vote process logs votes by IP address and since we share an IP, only one of us can vote for each week. There are some ISPs that still use random IP designation -- that's probably why you couldn't vote. Someone on the same ISP may have already voted and it logged the IP address. So, when the IP was later assigned to you, the Sparklit system thinks you already voted. Boy, it's sure not like American Idol, where people can vote continuously for the entire voting time. lol. Probably a good thing. People who have stay at home friends would always win. lol : ) Linda P.S. Which part isn't much longer? Leaving security? Or leaving Vegas?
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/16/2006 6:52:55 PM
Oh my God! Linda... You won. Congratulations, I guess. Gary
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend