Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
One french fry short of a Happy Meal
5/12/2006 5:40:41 PM
Hi everyone, It seems someone has questioned my skills and knowledge as to my authoring a cook book. So I thought I would share some of my at home skills as it pertains to menu planning and cooking expertise. MONDAY: It's fun to cook for Don. Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors were nice enough to loan me some extra bowls. TUESDAY: Don wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said serve without dressing. So I didn't dress. What a surprise when Don brought a friend home for supper. WEDNESDAY: A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly before steaming the rice. It seemed kind of silly but I took a bath anyway. I can't say it improved the rice any. THURSDAY: Today Don asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It said prepare ingredients, lay on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving. Don asked me why I was rolling around in the garden. FRIDAY: I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said put the ingredients in a bowl and beat it. There must have been something wrong with this recipe. When I got back, everything was the same as when I left. SATURDAY: Don did the shopping today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday. (OH BOY). For some strange reason, Don keeps counting to ten. SUNDAY: Don's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast but all I had was hamburger. Suddenly I had a flash of genius. I put the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast. It still came out hamburger, much to my disappointment. This has been a very exciting week. I am eager for tomorrow to come so I can try out a new recipe on Don. If I can talk Don into buying a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him with chocolate moose. We went to my in-laws for New Year's Day. When my mother-in-law asked me to get the Salad Bowl I sat down to watch the game. All I found was the Rose Bowl. I overheard her say to Don, "She's one taco short of a combination plate". I don't understand, I thought I was one fry short of a Happy Meal. So you see, I am more than qualified but it sure would be nice if you shared some of your favorite recipes. Please leave a note of encouragement here. Go to: http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=361700 and meet the other people already helping me. The first pages are listed there and don't miss the Panda joke. Do let me know you visited here. Thanks for stopping by.
+0
Tanya V.

683 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: One french fry short of a Happy Meal
5/12/2006 5:54:38 PM
Wow! That subject line got my attention. Very funny post! Have a wonderful weekend! ;)
+0
5/12/2006 6:07:38 PM
Very funny. I needed a good chuckle today. I think you should definitely write a cook book. It would be a best seller. Thanks for the funny receipes. Margaret Elmendorf
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/12/2006 6:34:34 PM
Hi Tanya, Glad to bring a little humor into your life. It is healthy to eat well, exercise, and laugh often. Have a nice week-end.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/12/2006 6:36:38 PM
Hi Margret, We can mix fun and work and it all serves up well. Glad you joined us for a little humor.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!