Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Danube Delta
8/20/2008 6:00:55 AM
Hello Friends of ROMANIA :-)

I was to post something new in this forum, but thinking about the proper topic - DANUBE DELTA - or similar seemed to be the best; its Summer and Vacations time so why not lets make a tour around again... now with more color and better visual features.

Everybody knows that Danube is one of the biggest rivers in Europe, bathing almost half of the continent; but few know where this huge amount of water chooses to become mysterious, hidden, meandering: the Danube Delta from Romania.

This ever changing realm is the newest land in Europe. Landscapes metamorphose every season, the water cuts and shapes the banks like an impressionist artist. Three channels find their way into the salty waters of the Black Sea, but only after they have embroidered 5000 square km of marshy land. Sand banks, large ponds, numerous rush bushes, sand dunes, forests, canals shadowed by old willows - this is the kaleidoscope of the original landscape which the Danube Delta offers. People of the delta know only the way of the water; everything happens on the clear surface of this primordial element: commerce, transportation, even visits to the neighbors.

danube delta kids have fun
- Kids having fun -

fishing on the danube
- Fishermen -

Charmed by this natural and cultural diversity you will not know what to admire fist: the rush waving when the wind is blowing, the variety of birds and vegetation or the fishermen's villages spread along the channels.
And as a final coup de grace, the newness of the Delta creates an astonishing contrast: here sites the Basilica of Niculitel, which represents the first Christian testimony in Europe and probably in the world. The first martyrs of Christianity (Attalos, Kamasis, Phillipos, Zottikos) are berried here.

Thus, the newest and the oldest come together to show you how man and nature can still harmoniously interact.

Well, this place is so rich in every thing that its difficult to decide which way to go :-) I would be more than thankful to you if you'd help me which way to go.

Maybe this time it would be better to let some images speak for me and ... what about some ...
BIRD WATCH next time?! :-) what do you say?!

Here we go; its going to be a bit long but it worth it believe me:

Common pelican in the Danube Delta
Common pelican in the delta

danube letea lotus
Lotus on the water

danube delta letea oak
Very old oak at Letea

danube delta sontea channel
Sontea Channel in the Danube Delta

danube delta lake
Small lake

danube delta pelican
Airborne pelican

Upper Danube Delta
The upper Danube Delta

danube delta flowers
Flowers on the water

danube delta flooded village
Flooded village

danube delta - flooded pasture
Flooded pasture

danube delta fauna
Hyla Arborea in the Danube Delta

danube delta fishing boat
Boat on channels

danube delta fishery
A fishery

bulrush harvesting
Bulrush harvesting

Danube Delta boat in the trees
Main transportation : boats

Danube Delta .. all green
Lots of green

Danube Delta reed
Reed

Dalmatian Pelican
Dalmatian pelican family

danube sunset near mahmudia
Sunset over the Danube Delta, near Mahmudia

danube enters the black sea, aerial view
The Danube enters the Black Sea, journey almost over

danube delta into the black sea

Photos courtesy to Jarosaw Pocztarski, FOREVER CARDON, mugh, onnufry, tonica, marius, S-Yun, marius_zh, la Tanti Tina and the Danube’s Biosphere Region website.

I hope you enjoyed your visual trip!

With lots of friendship,

Anamaria

PS: Check back often as here are some more to come!

... or check the "Email me when someone replies to this thread" box to stay tuned to the news :-)

+0
8/20/2008 7:11:54 AM

THANKS FOR THIS AMAZAING TRIP ANI! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE HARDWORKING AND WONDERFUL PERSON!

I HAVE ENJOYED ALL PHOTOS LIKE I AM THERE! LAST NIGHT, WALKING BESIDE DANUBE, I WAS THINKING ABOUT A COINCIDENCE:

DANUBE COMES UNDER SCHWARTZWALD AND THAT MEANS : BLACK WOOD, PASSES THROUGH BELGRAD , WHAT MEANS : WHITE TOWN .... AND ENDS AT BLACK SEA!!!!

BLACK - WHITE - BLACK!

Interesting, isn`t it?

I WILL COME SO OFTEN. BEAUTIFUL, JUST BEAUTIFUL. AND TO ENJOY IN THE BEAUTY IS JUST NORMAL :), ISN`T IT ?

LOVE AND HUGS!

Luka

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2008 7:53:31 AM
Hello Luka :-)

I was just writing you and Branka a reply when I saw this :-)

I'm more than happy if you enjoyed this!

... well, what can I say about "NORMAL"? ... for some NORMAL is to enjoy ... pain ... for instance instead of beauty?! Maybe for them beauty is boring?! ;-)

also from the Danube Delta!

The Danube could tell so many wonderful stories about the wonderful places it passes through! It gets birth in
SCHWARTZWALD it becomes BLUE in WIEN, than passes Belgrade, becomes Blue again here in Romania, with some waves until it ends up in The Bleak Sea which is blue :-) ... and Adelina knows it better as she lives quite there?! Colorful life?! Isn't it?
Have a wonderful day.
Lots of friendship HUGS,
Ani (just for you!)

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2008 9:08:36 AM
Hi Anamaria,

This is almost as beautiful as the person writng it, I do admire your work. Thank you
 I having herar the Danube waltz for a long time.  That is so neat.  Keep your wonderful forum coming.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2008 11:12:07 AM
Dear Myrna :-)

I'm so happy to see you here, enjoying the trip on the waves of the Danube coming to its end :-)

Come and join me on a trip along the Danube entering Romania; the place is called CAZANE = BOLIER due to the water rushing in as if it were boiling.

((youtube id="INZbHrZj6sc"))((/youtube))

With lots of friendship,
Anamaria
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!