Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Doing the Remarkable by Jim Rohn
3/23/2006 4:42:19 PM
Thanks, everyone for posting. Art, I'd like to specifically address you, because as usual you have effectively played devil's advocate. Mr. Rohn has another piece where he describes how boring music would be if we only had 'happy little high notes', and none of the contrast. Some of the other philosophers to whom I give my attention also talk about how we often form a desire for what we want because of identifying what we don't want. It's good that you are one of those rare souls who can not only weather and overcome, circumstances that would crush most people. We need to hear how people like you embrace trials and still manage to love life and keep going. Still, if you could have changed something and thereby alleviated the worst of the circumstances you have partially revealed in your posts, wouldn't you have done so? I've had the privilege of hearing in person (twice) a motivational speaker here in the US who went out on a carefree summer day to do some swimming in the ocean. His mother insisted he take his younger brother along, and, resenting that, he left in a huff without giving his mom a hug. In a fluke accident, he broke his neck diving into a sandbar that wasn't as far under water as he thought. It was his brother who pulled him out of the sea, just before he would have drowned. He has been paralyzed from the neck down ever since. His one regret? That he missed his last chance to hug his mom. Given the ability, he'd change that. Has he overcome it? I'd say so. He has devoted his life to helping people understand that they have choices. His, when he learned he would be paralyzed, was between being miserable himself and making everyone around him miserable, or using those negative circumstances as an opportunity to help people think about their choices. I'm sure Mr. Rohn meant the same thing. Thanks for your input, Art. You always make me think. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/23/2006 4:44:22 PM
Dear Sandy, I'm so glad to have been an instrument of synchronicity. You know, you will always see and hear things just as you need to, if you are prepared to. Cheri
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2006 6:00:29 PM
Hi Cheri, Very good reading. I like the saying "Do what you've always done and you get what you always got." It is the hard times that make us react and do something to change the situation. If everything went well we would not have to make continuous adjustments. Making adjustments is fine tuning our life everyday. Thanks for taking the time to share Cheri.
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2006 8:50:33 PM
Hi Cheri, That was a great article, really shows that we can do anything we set our minds to. Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2006 9:22:54 PM
Very good article Cheri. I haven't heard any of his material so would welcome your posts. DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!