Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Doing the Remarkable by Jim Rohn
3/23/2006 3:15:32 PM
Hi, Friends Every now and then, I stop and remind myself to conquer any remaining negativity that my mind harbors. I found a nice article by Jim Rohn that works as a great reminder for me, and thought I'd share. If you've ever heard Mr. Rohn speak or heard him on an audio platform, try to read this with his voice in your head. It's more amusing that way, because he has such a unique way of emphasizing his words. He's my favorite motivational speaker, as I've posted before. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. ********************************************************** When it comes to meeting and conquering the negativity in your life, here is a key question: what can you do, starting today, that will make a difference? What can you do during economic chaos? What can you do when everything has gone wrong? What can you do when you've run out of money, when you don't feel well and it's all gone sour? What can you do? Let me give you the broad answer first. You can do the most remarkable things, no matter what happens. People can do incredible things, unbelievable things, despite the most impossible or disastrous circumstances. Here is why humans can do remarkable things: because they are remarkable. Humans are different than any other creation. When a dog starts with weeds, he winds up with weeds. And the reason is because he's a dog. But that's not true with human beings. Humans can turn weeds into gardens. Humans can turn nothing into something, pennies into fortune, and disaster into success. And the reason they can do such remarkable things is because they are remarkable. Try reaching down inside of yourself; you'll come up with some more of those remarkable human gifts. They're there, waiting to be discovered and employed. With those gifts, you can change anything for yourself that you wish to change. And I challenge you to do that because you can change. If you don't like how something is going for you, change it. If something isn't enough, change it. If something doesn't suit you; change it. If something doesn't please you, change it. You don't ever have to be the same after today. If you don't like your present address change it — you're not a tree! If there is one thing to get excited about, it's your ability to make yourself do the necessary things, to get a desired result, to turn the negative into success. That's true excitement. To Your Success, Jim Rohn Special Note: Be part of the 1% that makes a decision to achieve all their goals in 2006! Enroll today in the Jim Rohn One Year Success Plan. You can enroll here or through Success University ________________ This article was submitted by Jim Rohn, America's Foremost Business Philosopher. To subscribe to the Free Jim Rohn Weekly E-zine go to www.jimrohn.com. Copyright © 2005 Jim Rohn International. All rights reserved worldwide. *********************************************************** Did you like that? If so, I'll post more of Mr. Rohn's articles in the future Cheri
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Re: Doing the Remarkable by Jim Rohn
3/23/2006 3:32:38 PM
Hi Cheri, That is as great article and a great reminder to all of us that we truly can CHANGE anything. Everything is possible. Nothing is impossible. I love Jim Rohn too!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Mairead Ni Maonaigh

135 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/23/2006 3:38:30 PM
Hi Cheri, I love Jim Rohn!! He is my favourite Motivational Speaker also. I have many of his books, audio cd's etc.. Keep the articles coming and thanks for inviting me. To Your Success Mairead
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/23/2006 4:09:10 PM
Hi, Cheri, This is a great motivational article and I can't fault it except for one thing. I do not believe it is necessary to conquer negativity. Negativity should be embraced, greeted like an old friend and cherished. Why? It is the negative part of our life that defines and refines the positive. To live without acknowledging the sheer creative power unleashed by the negative influences around us is to belittle ourselves and refuse to accept that we are whole. During my tormented and battered life the sheer boost of the negative periods was almost like a 'high' or a huge adrenalin rush. Regards Arthur
+0
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/23/2006 4:29:44 PM
Great post, revealed to me at the right time, when things seemed to be spinning out of control! The opposite is happening, however, as I'm feeling the effects of the equinox and March being the dark night of the soul.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!