Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Monsters Or Myths? Which Are Which?
4/10/2006 10:37:38 PM
Hello Ivy! :-) The scripture you mentioned says, Revelation 12:7-9 (King James Version) 7) And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8] And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. It says nothing about Michael being Adam or Satan being Christ's brother. You referred to some modern scriptures but what does the bible say about judging whether scripture is really from God: We are to examine the scriptures to see if they are really from God. And how do you do that? You compare it to the scriptures that we all ready have, Old Testament and New Testament. Acts 17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (New International Version) 3) But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4) For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. We have to be very careful what we preach: Galatians 1:7-9 (New International Version) 7) which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8] But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9) As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! There are many teachings so we have to be careful to examine them all against scripture we already have. John Sanchez My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador
+0
Ivy
Ivy Teo

60 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/25/2006 2:10:04 AM
Hi John, I will try to reply to your following statements and questions in response to my previous postings. Because of the length of this posting I will post it in two or more separate posts. Since our beliefs differ in many ways there is a need for the holy ghost to witness to the TRUTH. The mission of the holy ghost is to bear witness of the father and the son and of the truth of all things. 1 JOHN:5 - 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the father,the Word, and the holy ghost: and these three are one. ( Meaning three seperate beings but one in purpose that is,to exalt all GODS children to eternal exaltation.) ROMAN:8 16 - 17 The spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit that we are the children of GOD. JOHN 17:3 And this is life eternal that they might know thee the only true GOD and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent. ( People today have so many different concepts of GOD and Jesus Christ which proves not only the need for prophets today but more so a willing heart and a listening ear.) JOHN15:26 But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the father, even the spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the father, he shall testify of me. (While Christ lived on the earth there was no need for the Comforter or the holy ghost.) JOHN16:13 Howbeit when he the spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he will hear, that shall he speak, and he will show you things to come. LUKE 12:12 For the holy ghost will teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say. From the very beginning of earth life GOD has always guilded his children by appointing worthy men known as holy prophets. Adam,Abraham,Issac,Jacob,Isaiah,Jeremaih,Ezekiel,Moses are just a few of the old testiment prophets. New Testiment Prophets: Chosen and ordained by Jesus Christ himself. Peter, James, John,were the heads of the twelve apostles. As one died they were replaced by another. I believe if it was necessary in ancient and new testiment times, then it is necessary in our time to be guilded by living prophets whom Jesus Christ has chosen just as he did in ancient times. Ephesians 4:11.And he gave some apostles and some prophets, and some evangelists and some pastors and some teachers. 12. For the pefecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of christ. ( Here he gives us the reason for apostles,prophets, etc ). 13. Till we all come in the unity of faith, and of the knowledge of the son of GOD, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of christ.( Would you say all his children on earth have come to a unity of faith and a knowledge of the son of GOD? We are far from living a life of Unity.). 14.That we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive. (Today some of us are still being tossed to and fro by every wind of false doctrine). And this will continue until mankind is willing to accept that GOD guildes us today through personal revelation to his holy prophets just as he did in old testiment and new testiment times.2 Timothy 3: 1- 5. Ephesians 4:15. But speaking the TRUTH in LOVE, may grow up unto him in all things, which is the head, even Christ. 16.For whom the whole body fitly joined together and conpacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in LOVE. 17.This I say therefore, and testify in the LORD, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their minds. 18.Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of GOD through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their hearts.
Ivy.J.T. Delivering Traffic Strategies Used To Build A Successful Online Business -In An Easy To Digest And 'take Action On' Manner... Week By Week! Click Here! Every Thing You Need To Learn How To Become Successful Online Is Just A Click Away. Click Here!
+0
Ivy
Ivy Teo

60 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/25/2006 3:22:29 AM
Responding to ....... Revelation 12:7-9 (King James Version) 7) And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8] And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. My response...........Lucifer was an archangel held in high honour known as son of the morning,He lost his place and honour when he chose to rebell.The names Dragan,Serpent,Devil and Satan are symbolic names in discribing him after he rebelled. Question...( WHO ARE SATANS ANGELS? It says nothing about Michael being Adam or Satan being Christ's brother. You referred to some modern scriptures but what does the bible say about judging whether scripture is really from God: My response.......MODERN SCRIPTURES WILL BE MADE CLEARER FURTHER ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If we are to believe we are all GODS children with Jesus christ being our older brother than why should it be so hard to accept Satan or the Devil or lucifer as another of our spirit brothers? since he held such a high honour as one of the archangels or angel of light known as son of the morning. (John since your belief is based only on bible scripture no amount of explanation other then the spirit of Christ can testify the TRUTH to you ). However it is not uncommon for GOD to change the names of those whom he chooses. Abram's name changed to Abraham Jacabs name changed to Israel Jesus Christ is known by many names so as with Satan the great dragon,old serpent,devil, or Lucifer. We are to examine the scriptures to see if they are really from God. And how do you do that? You compare it to the scriptures that we all ready have, Old Testament and New Testament. RESPONSE: 2 Timothy 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproach for correction, for instruction in righteousness. RESPONSE: Amos 3:7 Surely the lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secrets unto his servants the prophets. Acts 17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (New International Version) 3) But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4) For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. We have to be very careful what we preach: ( I totally agree with you our hearts need to be opened to feel the spirit of the LORD.) Galatians 1:7-9 (New International Version) My response.......Galatians 1:6 -9 Paul in counselling the galations marvel that ye are soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel. ( Here we read false teaching and Apostacy starting to creep in). 7) which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8] But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9) As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! My response....2 Timothy 4: 3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears And they shall turn away their ears from the TRUTH and shall be turned unto fables. My response....... ONE GOSPEL ONE FAITH ONE LORD ONE BAPTISM. The problem today many are teaching and preaching a gospel of their own which they organized by their own interpretations of the scriptures taken only from the bible and creating more confusion for GODs children. GOD is a GOD of order not of confusion.
Ivy.J.T. Delivering Traffic Strategies Used To Build A Successful Online Business -In An Easy To Digest And 'take Action On' Manner... Week By Week! Click Here! Every Thing You Need To Learn How To Become Successful Online Is Just A Click Away. Click Here!
+0
Ivy
Ivy Teo

60 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/25/2006 3:29:41 AM
2 Timothy 3:1-7 Galatians1:6-9 From the new testiment scriptures we see the church slowly turning into apostacy with false teachings creeping in as one by one the apostles are being imprisoned and killed off.The church becomes a man made church being controlled by men without any authority from GOD. The apostacy is known as the dark ages during this time there were many honest seekers after truth who recognized the false teachings of this once church of Christ. Many of these honest seeker who tried to bring back the true teachings of christ suffered badly even being killed for going against the religion/church at that time. The results of honest seekers of truth are the many religions of today who try to reorganize the church based on their own understanding of the bible scriptures. To this day none has been successful in their efforts simply because GODS way is not mans way. Rather than reorganize the church from the old there needed to be a full restoration of all things. A Catholic Utterance: Many years ago a learned man, a member of the Roman Catholic church, came to Utah and spoke from the Salt Lake Tabernacle. A great scholar, who spoke a dozen languages who seemed to know all about theology,law,literature,science and philosophy. One day while speaking with one of our church leaders he said, you mormons are all ignoramuses. You don't even know the strength of your own position. It is so strong that there is only one other tenable in the whole christian world, and that is the position of the Catholic Church. The issue is between Catholicism and Mormonism.If we are right, you are wrong and if you are right we are wrong and that's all there is to it. The Protestants haven't got a leg to stand on.For, if we are wrong, they are wrong with us , since they were part of us and went out from us,while if we are right they are apostates whom we cut off long ago.If we have the apostolic succession from St Peters, as we claim, there is no need of Joseph Smith and mormonism, but if we have not that succession, then such a man as Joseph Smith was necessary, and mormonism attitude is the only consistant one. It is either the perpetuation of the gospel from ancient times, or the restoration of the gospel in latter days. Statement of a Nationally Prominent Commentator: A National prominent radio commentator once made a statement that he had been asked what message could be broadcast to the world that would be considered more important than any other. After giving the matter much thought and consideration, he came to the conclusion that to be able to announce that a man who had lived upon the earth had died and then had returned again with a message from GOD would be the most important message that could be broadcast to the world. This being TRUE the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints have the most important message for the world today. In the Western part of the state of New York in 1936 they erected a monument upon the hill Cumorah to such a person. Moroni, a prophet of GOD who lived upon the American Continent four hundred years after Christ. This is the only such monument in the world today. Finally i'll say it again the true gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth today just as he organized and ordained 12 apostles to lead his church while he lived on the earth many years ago. Through a sincere desire you can know the truth and the truth will set you free. JAMES 1:5- 6. Ivy. There are many teachings so we have to be careful to examine them all against scripture we already have. John Sanchez My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Vote POTW! Business New WS!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!