Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Monsters Or Myths? Which Are Which?
3/29/2006 11:27:34 PM
If I were to believe in anything it is God. There are Angels (male only) and there are Angels of Satin. I don't believe in ghosts or anything else of that nature. Boogeymen, werewolfs, vampires are all part of our imaginations. We are convinced by Hollywood and authors that these things are real. We also would like to believe we are not the only ones here. We (humans) have the nature to want to blame someone or something for everything that happens. Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble. I get into the psychology of life and don't know when to shut up. Thanks for the opportunity to voice my opinion. God Bless us all.. We really need it.
Remember, Where ever you go... There you are!
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2006 12:32:30 AM
Hello All That's some opinion you just voiced, Ernest! First of all I have to take issue with you about Angels. Angels have always been a part of Christian/Judaic history - they are found in the Old and New Testament - they are considered to be messengers. However, they are not usually considered "male" or "female" - they are both and they are neither. Yes - Satan has always been the fallen angel (if you believe in Satan, as an explanation for good or bad). Most religions have some kind of spirit messengers. My conclusion here is that the concept of angels answers a need in ourselves to find an explanation of certain things that happen. No-one yet has discovered the definitive Meaning of Life - we know the world isn't flat and the theory of gravity, but no-on knows 100% how it all began - it is a question of belief - and there are many different beliefs, and angels are one of them. The only time, for me, when religion, or an aspect of its belief, is wrong is when it is used as an excuse for not taking responsibility for one's actions and for not thinking for oneself. Then relgion is often used for negative reasons - which usually go against its own teachings. So we get intolerance, exclusion and even wars - with religion as the excuse.(or abuse!) I personally believe that angels are positive spirits who add something to our lives. I believe that they are lucky and good. I like to think they protect us - when we deserve it - although I dont believe that they make our wrongdoings right - that we have to do for ourselves. I seem to have rambled on too, but this is a fascinating forum - everyone has something to say for once! Although I paint them, I dont consider myself an expert on angels by any means. I am still learning too - I would love to learn more - PLEASE That's all for now, I look forward to hearing from you. Jennifer
+0
3/30/2006 1:29:37 AM
Hello LaNell & John, What a great topic & subject. Personally I believe that what is called Monsters or Myths are often both. Take for an example Santa Claus, or the Easter Bunny. Neither are as we once were told & taught, but never-the-less, there was a real person named Santa Claus, who performed good deeds, as well as there are real Bunnies. Sometimes governments are experimenting with new inventions & technology, such as stealth, and other times that there are real extraterrestrials. I find it amazing that in this day and age, and that after as much that has been revealed, that there are still those among us who choose to disbelieve, and are confused, and uncertain about truth & reality. Looking back on history I can understand how people were mislead to believe that the earth was flat, and how that even today people can be misguided or believe falsities. But, I remain optimistic, and truly believe with all my being, that people all over the world are reawaking and seeking more to know the real Truth! For an example, I do not know how electricity works, but I accept that unless there is a malfunction, when I flip a switch power is converted, and that I have light, internet, or can watch television, etc. So on this note I will sign off. Keep up the good work that you are doing.
Have a Blessed day! Grover LeBlanc - International Global Leader / Personal Life Coach & Trainer http://www.transformyourlives.com http://www.everythingforsuccess.com/profiles/Grover_LeBlanc mailto:transformyoulives@gmail.com International Global Le
+0
Andrew Birse

188 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/30/2006 2:08:33 AM
It's gotta be ET, although Big Foot seems popular. I think Nessy is probably a bent log, but you never know.
Regards, Andrew Birse Do you want to retire in 4 years or 40? http://www.moremoney4me.biz
+0
3/30/2006 6:28:12 AM
Hi all I think big foot. cool Forums .
The Website your boss doesn't want you to know about! (pssst...it's FREE!) http://www.quickinfo247.com/8051555
+0