Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Some People Are Like Vultures, Every Newbie is a *Friend*
3/7/2006 6:45:39 PM
Thanks Gary I appreciate your advice. This helps alot thanks
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2006 7:31:40 PM
Hi Linda, You took the words right out of my mouth! My inbox is filled with "amazing, no-work, no investment, get-rich-quick" schemes every day. It's amazing that some of these people can keep track of anything they've signed up for, as they seem to sign up for anything and everything that comes down the pike. If I had the time, I would reply to most of the direct contact emails I get to tell those sending them to me just how worthless their cut-and-paste methods of "marketing" are. It seems that a lot of people here just go inviting everyone they can to join their "friends" list, then bombard them with one ad after another, without even starting out with a nice, "Hi, my name is..." What's even more hilarious is the fact that a lot of these are sent to either "Dear friend" or not even addressed to anyone. This shows a total lack of care and research even into how the system works! This tells me that the people sending these things out haven't done the slightest bit of research into the baloney they're flogging. It makes you want to go, "Hmmmmmmm...." (or perhaps, "GRRRRRRRRrrrr!) :-) God bless, Dave
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/7/2006 8:10:15 PM
Hi Dave, I endorse all that you say except maybe... ================== "It makes you want to go, "Hmmmmmmm...." (or perhaps, "GRRRRRRRRrrrr!)" ================== What about "speeeeeeeeeewwww"? The reason these twits keep pounding us mercilessly with their rampant garbage is because it is easy just to send out a mass email. It's lazy. No thought needs to go into it. They just load the shotgun and fire it into the flock, hoping to down a few birds. Could you imagine any of these emailers talking that trash to somebody's face? It's impersonal, virtually anonymous. Gutless even. I'm thoroughly sick of the lot of them. Gary Simpson.
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2006 9:06:39 PM
I understand what you guys are talking about now. You had me lost for a minute there(maybe even a few hours perhaps). I gotcha now. I agree 100% it does get very tiring to go through all this mail of nothing. Dave says it great: it makes you wanta go GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :) So what is good out there as far as marketing tools goes guys? I have often wondered this, as I'm new to all of this online marketing. You guys have been doing it for quite sometime now right? I look forward to you advice. The last thing I want to do is hinder my online business. I want to know how to do online marketing the right, way not the wrong way.
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2006 9:14:01 PM
:-D OK, Gary, I apologize for not using strong enough language! :-D Along with the points you've offered, I would add that it's also pointless. Their methods just do not work. The numbers required to achieve any kind of success with their methods are huge (hmmm - tastes like spam, to me) Which brings me to the Theory of Buckshot: (I think it applies to these nuts) If an infinite number of rednecks fire an infinite number of shotguns at an infinite number of road signs, eventually all the world's great works of fiction will be printed on road signs in braille. I think that's what a lot of "marketers" are trying to do with email, communities, forums, etc. The problem is, in reality it's much harder to go for the infinite than to do it the right way. Spamming everybody is a really quick way to go broke. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!