Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Some People Are Like Vultures, Every Newbie is a *Friend*
3/7/2006 2:54:57 PM
I think I hit a sore spot :0 or at the very least a button.
+0
Mark Hodgetts

71 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/7/2006 3:48:38 PM
As usual there are some really good points. I don't agressively recruit people at adland, I'd prefer to network with people and build up a relationship. There are several programs that I promote and believe in (and know they work) and when I generally recommend them to the list A group pf people they dismiss them as too much hard work. Which only reinforces my belief that what I do and promote is right. Cheers Oops I 'm running late for work
+0
3/7/2006 4:33:00 PM
I think I hit a sore spot :0 or at the very least a button. Welcome David, I guess this lets the cat out of the bag as to who the new *Friend* might have been. You hit no sore spot nor a button, as you will no doubt come to learn as you participate, this is just witty banter.
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2006 4:35:14 PM
I agree with you somewhat Linda. I realize what your saying about some sites always being thrown at us. So this brings a question to my mind. How can we tell whats a good site from a bad one? However, I thought we were suppose to be making friends? I know that keeping in touch with these friends is a very important part to building a friendship. Not just sending out advertisements day after day. Isn't building friendship part of why we are here? I look forward to how we can tell a bad site from a good one?
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/7/2006 5:20:14 PM
Hi, ================== "However, I thought we were suppose to be making friends?" ================== True. Look at offline friendships. Whenever one side of the "friendship" becomes too demanding or too "high maintenance" then you tend to drift away. Sometimes you run. Some people are leaches and predators. Some are wolves in sheep's clothing. And, yes, some are indeed friends. But a friendship is symbiotic. In other words, for it to survive it needs to be a two way relationship. ================== "I look forward to how we can tell a bad site from a good one? ================== From my point of view I always look at the desperation level. That is, if it appears too desperate or I am getting bombarded to join something then I know I need to avoid it. Gary Simpson
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!