Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: A Question for Cheri, Linda and any other *bleepers* and positive thinkers...
3/7/2006 2:38:53 AM
Cheri, ==================== "loquacious females" ==================== Nah! Actually, I think Linda and I have been preaching from the same hymn book. Small, bite sized chunks of information are the most easily digested. At least they have a chance of being read. We are all constantly bombarded from early AM to late PM with information. And lots of it never gets past the BS detector or the "not interested radar" - especially on the net. Chunking messages down allows time impoverished people (all of us) to "get the gist" pretty quickly. Best Wishes Gary Simpson
+0
Re: Getting past the BS detector...
3/9/2006 12:42:13 AM
Hi: ========================================= Actually, I think Linda and I have been preaching from the same hymn book. Small, bite sized chunks of information are the most easily digested. At least they have a chance of being read. We are all constantly bombarded from early AM to late PM with information. And lots of it never gets past the BS detector or the "not interested radar" - especially on the net. ========================================= We might preach from that hymn book, but anyone who has read that autosurf thread (that went 22 pages) might call us on the carpet. We both have BOOKS in there. lol I do preach small bits of info -- for public distribution. True enough. In the forums, though, I find that the best 'BS detector' is the name of the person making the post. There are some people that we just *know* are going to post crap. Doesn't much matter how long or short it is. Thankfully they don't visit this forum except to leave a drive by link now and then, which I just delete. There's other people that are always a good read, long or short. Peter says my forum has attracted the cream of the crop. I agree. And hey, I can be sure they aren't long pitches on why I absolutely need to sign up for the latest autosurf. lol : )
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Getting past the BS detector...
3/9/2006 3:41:48 AM
Heh...heh... Linda... =============== "We might preach from that hymn book, but anyone who has read that autosurf thread (that went 22 pages) might call us on the carpet. We both have BOOKS in there. lol =============== Very true. But I wasn't including RANTS. A rant can be ANY length and they are usually long because the ranter is exorcising a demon. The BS detector detects BS artists. You are quite correct - so much BS comes from the same artists. You look at the name and decide there and then, based on past performances, that the person has very little credibility. That is when the detector goes into "ignore" mode. Best Wishes Gary Simpson PS: See? I'm trying to keep my comments concise!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!