Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: A Question for Cheri, Linda and any other *bleepers* and positive thinkers...
3/5/2006 9:54:23 PM
Hey, Everyone, There's a thread in Linda Miller's forum with a chapter from Dr. Wayne Dyer's new book...toward the end it touches on what Linda asked. http://www.adlandconnection.com/forumshowpost.aspx?postid=307478 Cheri
+0
Re: A Question for Cheri, Linda and any other *bleepers* and positive thinkers...
3/5/2006 10:35:42 PM
Hi Cheri; ========================================== There's a thread in Linda Miller's forum with a chapter from Dr. Wayne Dyer's new book...toward the end it touches on what Linda asked. http://www.adlandconnection.com/forumshowpost.aspx?postid=307478 ========================================== Thanks! That brought back fond memories. When my daughter was little, there was a butterfly that adopted her. It was amazing to watch. Every day as we'd come around the corner of the house (after school) into the back yard, her butterfly would flutter around her... sit on one shoulder and the other and on her little hand. Every day, she'd skip around the corner to see if "her butterfly" was there waiting for her. It always was. As I read the chapter, I do understand what he's saying. And yet, some things I have trouble with. Some things I just don't know that I can accept that "this is how it was meant to be." I think some things fall into "we humans did this and it's up to us to clean up our own messes." Maybe that's just me. For example, this makes me a little sad ... read this... (it's short) Airline tickets, two nights in a motel and $2,000.00 in meals -- all for a hoax to say "I was in the New York Times, the Washington Post and on Good Morning America" -- and hey, they duped ABC, too. This from an author that writes/teaches/talks about the Law of Attraction. That amount of money could have fed a few hundred Ethopian kids for a few months. Or provided 12 years education for a child in a poor country. Provided food or clothing for the homeless. 12,000 measles vaccinations, even. A lot of people laugh it off as a joke. I think it's sad. Sad that the very commodity that means so much to people that don't have it means so little to some that do. Maybe my issue isn't the "message." Maybe it's some of the messengers. : ) Linda
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/6/2006 7:07:09 AM
Hello Forumites, I believe that you are all, in your own way, speaking of the duality of nature - the (Taoist) concept of yin and yang. Gary Simpson
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/6/2006 11:30:00 AM
Hi, Linda I loved the story of your daughter's butterfly. Sometimes I ponder on the nature of our relationships with the other creatures who share our world and interact with us, and it always amazes me. I received an email today that I'll find a way to share that illustrates this point, but I don't want to get too long again here. First, I didn't read in the story you linked to that Joe Vitale admitted to having a part in this. The prankster said he did, but then the prankster was an admitted liar. I'll believe it when Mr. Vitale says it. Second, it's a very good lesson to the media not to jump on a story they can't validate. There's too much of that going around. No wonder no one trusts the media! Third, I think your reaction to it was born of the focus you already had on the less fortunate. Take it to its logical conclusion, and you would never go to a movie, purchase a meal at a nice restaurant or do any of the pleasurable but not strictly necessary things that you, and we all, do...you'd be sending every cent above what is absolutely necessary to survive to CARE or going yourself to work in Ethiopia. Robert Allen (the real estate investment guru) wrote in the foreword of one of his books that people often ask him if he's making so much money doing real estate investing, why is he also making money teaching other people to do it. Why not just distribute his fortune? His answer was that if he did so, each person on the planet would get only a few cents. Given that there are now over 6 billion, even that was probably ambitious! His point was that by teaching people to create abundance for themselves, and encouraging them to give back some of it to those less fortunate, or better yet, teach them to create abundance, he multiplies the good he could personally do. I used to tie myself in knots with these questions, and now I know that if I take some time to play, I have more to give. Maybe you don't like the nature of the play in this case, maybe I don't either. But we don't get to choose for others, only for ourselves. Cheri Darn, it's still too long. Wish I had Gary's knack.
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/6/2006 7:51:32 PM
Hi Cheri, Whilst I don't doubt Linda's story about the butterfly being attracted to her daughter it may just have been the butterfly's attraction to the young lady's perfume or something else that she was wearing. As for my brevity... all I can say is hmmf... have you seen some of my rants and monologues on these forums? (I'm sure you have.) I have been trying to restrict the length of posts on forums as I feel that 3 to 5 short paragraphs is about all that other people have the attention span to read. I know that when I am confronted by a long post I tend to skim read. If there is more to post then you can always save it and make another post later. Best Wishes Gary Simpson
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!