Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: This time, I'm saying it. I TOLD YOU SO!!
3/2/2006 1:08:15 AM
Hi Cheri; ===================================== Just how big IS he? lol ===================================== He's not. 5'11" and maybe 200 lbs. It's the way he stands and walks. (I should talk... I'm 5'3" like you. Oh well, we are TALL compared to Heather. lol) ===================================== That word picture was priceless. ===================================== lol. Thanks. I'm such a word geek. I love words... but in this case, it fits.
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/2/2006 5:53:28 AM
Folks, A crowd will part for a man with purpose. Gary Simpson
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2006 2:45:44 PM
Hi Linda, I'm sure with you on this one! :-) I posted in the very first forum I was invited to for the purpose of convincing me to join 12DP that these things were likely illegal and even if they were not, would not last. History has a way of repeating itself. After that post, I put my money where my mouth was, joined 12DP and several others, and bought a small number of "units." I ran all these programs almost every day, and as they matured, "reinvested" the proceeds. I threw up a promo page just on these programs, to see what kind of advertising results they would bring (just barely over zero) - no surprise there. The net result is, even before the 12DP thing, they have fallen, one by one, and still they fall. Even if they were legal (and it's become fairly plain that 12DP isn't, even to its most serious supporters), they do not stand a chance of lasting, as the ad revenue they can generate is far too low. Advertisers will not pay a premium for the kind of traffic - if any - they will get from advertising on these sites. What we are going to see in the fairly near future is even the sites that have been paying the lowest percentages and perhaps, quite legally, are going to fizzle out and die. Higher percentage sites and hyips based in countries with lax laws will continue to pop up and rip gullible people off. Greed and a desire to get something for nothing will keep them alive, just like the Nigerian scam emails and others. It's also my opinion that Stormpay is going to be taken through the wringer and may not even survive. It's not so much because of the way they froze the accounts of companies like 12DP and others, but more because they knowingly profited from the proceeds when they could have distanced themselves right from the beginning by refusing to deal with paid autosurfs and hyips just like Paypal did. It will be interesting to see how the authorities look at their involvement. Anyway, as I said in one of my own threads, "If these high paying "companies" aren't ponzis, then they are either on drugs or selling drugs!" God bless, Dave
+0
Mark Hodgetts

71 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/4/2006 3:40:17 AM
Hey Dave - Well said - I'm with you re stormpay their actions smelled of panic and I can't see them surviving, their "goodwill" factor rightly or wrongly has surely been reduced to zero, I also suspect that they might be in trouble with their Stormclix program. - I love the line about the drugs. Wish I'd read it earlier. Mark
+0
3/4/2006 10:51:13 AM
To Peter, Linda and everyone else, I was also one who was suspicious about 'studio traffic' (another seeming ponzai scheme) and a couple of other autosurf programs that were pitched to me by some of my Adland 'friends'. I did post earlier that I didn't see the traffic as being that useful, but in addition, wondered what business model they were built on. I don't think my posts were deleted, just more ignored. Actually Peter is right, there is a legal line between being taken advantage of and people who thought that this was a great way to make tax-free cash. Oh well, guess I'll have to go back to making mony the old fashioned way, by working for it.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!