Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Amazing Moments
2/18/2006 7:35:41 AM
Hello there Dave, I had to really think about this Dave, and I know one of my amazing times was when I became a Christian about 5 yrs ago! My whole life changed in ways I never even would of thought of, like the way I spoke to people, the way I thought about things, the way I now Live my life! People I knew very well would say to me, Gee there is something different about you, its like I was Glowing...LOL.and people I did not know very well, would say, you seem to be Radiant..they could not put there finger on it, But, they Knew something was quiet different with me! Through my Godly actions so to speak, without relizing this at the time, a lot of friends and associates followed in my footsteps, they wanted what I had, which of course was a close relationship with our Lord Jesus! This to me then was totally amazing, I will always remember this time! Its Amazing how God works in so many ways, through Us his Love Shines! My warmest regards, Ashley
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2006 12:51:30 PM
Hi Arthur, Yes, life is beautiful. I have had my close calls, when my own life hung precariously close to the edge, but the closest call for me was about 14 years ago when I nearly lost my wife. She is very well now, but she came within minutes of dying that night, as the doctors battled to save her. Every moment with her is now absolutely precious. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2006 1:15:09 PM
Hi Ashley, Yes, you have experienced the greatest miracle of all - the moment when a human being is changed for all time, born again and given a new life. It is so sad that so many people, including hundreds of thousands of people who call themselves Christians because of the traditions of their parents, miss what you have. I have been called a fool many times by those who do not know Jesus Christ. The sad fact is, they have no way of knowing what you and I have unless they surrender their pride and self reliance to God through his Son. To them it seems absolutely foolish. Those who do not know Jesus Christ cannot know what we know and have - it is utterly impossible without personally knowing him first - and it is utter foolishness to them. But knowing what I know now, I would rather be a fool in the eyes of the world than a fool who refuses to reach out and ask Him to reveal himself to me. Once He does, it's almost impossible to imagine the way we once were. If I had blindly trusted in Him and had no answer - ie - if He really did not exist - it would only have been a disappointment, but life would have gone on anyway. But to not have reached out and to have given up what I now have would have been tragic, as it is for so many people in this world. The majority of people, as seen throughout my life, and in many forums over the years, look at Christianity by what they see in those who call themselves Christian, in the media, and sometimes even through reading through the Bible and judging it by their own standards. If they would just take the chance and honestly ask the God of the Bible to reveal himself to them, what a difference it would make! Again, unfortunately, many who would say that they have done that have in reality asked Him to reveal Himself while secretly having already decided that He does not exist. It's incredible that we will pour liquid into our gas tanks in our cars from a gas pump because we have faith in the label that says it's gasoline, eat food prepared by someone else from a can because we have faith that the label is correct and that it's not poison, fly in jetliners, because we have faith that it's not going to crash, and so on. We humans do many, many things by faith, yet we Christians are called foolish because we have faith in God. Many would answer, yeah, but my faith has been proven! True, but our faith in God has also been proven! You can't see what God is doing in my life any more than I can see you reading this somewhere out there in cyberspace! However, I have faith that you ARE reading this, and it is proven when you answer! Similarly, my faith is proven to me over and over again by what God does in my life and by the many thousands of answers he has given me over again. Thank you for sharing. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!