Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Amazing Moments
2/18/2006 2:09:55 AM
Hi Kevin, Yes, that's was another amazing moment. I remember that well, too, watching the flickering scenes on a B&W TV - the reception wasn't great in our area, but yes, it really was something. It was an amazing time. I remember one of the first books I learned to read was called, "You Will Go to the Moon," but I didn't think it would ever happen. Then there they were, just a few years later, landing on the moon! My Grandfather's lifetime was certainly amazing. In it he saw the world go from the horse and buggy to the space shuttle. He saw countries and empires rise and fall, and new ones rise in their place. When he was a boy, everyone carried little framed slate boards and chalk to school to write on. By the time he died, the first truly portable laptops had come out! What an amazing century! God bless, Dave
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/18/2006 7:02:41 AM
Hi, Dave, I think I am in a very unique position when it comes to amazing moments. 38 years ago I was recovering from major surgery and heard the doctor tell my wife not to go home because 'he won't last the night out'. Every day, since then, I have had an amazing moment every day when I first open my eyes in the morning and find I am still here! I thought the feeling would mellow with the years but now amazement is mixed with gratitude. Isn't life great? Regards Arthur
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/18/2006 7:03:39 AM
Hi, Dave, I think I am in a very unique position when it comes to amazing moments. 38 years ago I was recovering from major surgery and heard the doctor tell my wife not to go home because 'he won't last the night out'. Every day, since then, I have had an amazing moment every day when I first open my eyes in the morning and find I am still here! I thought the feeling would mellow with the years but now amazement is mixed with gratitude. Isn't life great? Regards Arthur
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/18/2006 7:04:15 AM
Hi, Dave, I think I am in a very unique position when it comes to amazing moments. 38 years ago I was recovering from major surgery and heard the doctor tell my wife not to go home because 'he won't last the night out'. Every day, since then, I have had an amazing moment when I first open my eyes in the morning and find I am still here! I thought the feeling would mellow with the years but now amazement is mixed with gratitude. Isn't life great? Regards Arthur
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/18/2006 7:04:23 AM
Hi, Dave, I think I am in a very unique position when it comes to amazing moments. 38 years ago I was recovering from major surgery and heard the doctor tell my wife not to go home because 'he won't last the night out'. Every day, since then, I have had an amazing moment when I first open my eyes in the morning and find I am still here! I thought the feeling would mellow with the years but now amazement is mixed with gratitude. Isn't life great? Regards Arthur
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!