Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Cheri, Deb, Winston, Martha and Kathy - thread #2
4/3/2006 11:12:12 PM
Hi Martha; ======================================= OK So now what did I do that has Google hating me so much. Can't even find my site with the search terms that had me so high before. I seem to get pushed and shoved all the time but see other gourd sites sitting where they always seem to be. ======================================= Winston is right. You'll have a much better idea once the SEO unit is completed. I see a lot of people experience what you are. Some sites get pushed and shoved up and down and others stay pretty consistent. Usually it's innocent little things that are easy to correct. For example, right now a lot of people are experiencing a drop because Google started devaluing certain types of reciprocal links just before Christmas with their late Nov update. The effects of an update don't happen overnight. They can't possibly with 8 billion pages in their database. Your linkback is low... just over 250. Some of the sites that rank well also have low linkback - but they may have higher values in other areas such as keyphrase density, traffic, visit duration, page rank. Once you go through the SEO segmens, you'll have a very clear idea of how to become one of those sites that just doesn't budge. In the meantime - continue submitting articles. That's the best thing you could be doing towards getting visibility back. : ) L
+0
4/4/2006 6:43:51 AM
Thanks for the reminder of the articles. That is not my favorite pastime and keeps getting conveniently forgotten. Martha
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/6/2006 9:32:09 PM
Hi Martha, ---------------------------------------- That is not my favorite pastime and keeps getting conveniently forgotten. ----------------------------------------- It's also one that I have to learn how to do. Should be fun I think.
+0
4/7/2006 6:54:40 AM
Hi Winston, After that reminder I sat down and had a new article out in no time. Added it to ezinearticles.com and put it up on my site. If I can think of a topic I can usually get something written. It is the topic that I get stuck on. Sure, it is something with gourds, but what. I am writing one on seed starting but it will link to my Bloom's Nursery site and I hardly have any visitors to it. Martha
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/7/2006 3:21:47 PM
Martha, I have the same problem thinking of a topic. I think my problem is believing that I always need to have something new to say. But I've seen lots of authors, including some very successful ones, who say the same thing in a very similar way over and over, and people still buy their books. What does everyone think about new material vs. material that is reorganized, dressed up, or otherwise modified and published as a different article? Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!