Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Marsha Mckinney

101 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: F.E.A.R.
2/12/2006 1:19:16 PM
Yeah, that o'l devil keeps us in check, doesn't he?! It is also called "generational curses", that we have learned, and abided by "never having enough" of anything! But faith will bring you through anything! And I sincerly hope that you would also see the FGG new home program as an option! Easy secure online FREE pre-qualifation, can see what you are approved for in just 24-48 hours, and No payments for up to one year to build your dream home, with very competive mortgage rates! What could you Not like about that?! IT is all is painfree, and so easy! I pray that you have looked into this opportunity! May God continue to bless and love each of you, alll the time! Your friend, Marsha Mckinney, FGG Dream Team-Texas http://mlm54.fggweb.com
Greetings from your Texas friend! God's blessings to each of you, always,
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/12/2006 1:32:22 PM
Mary, Diana, Dave Thanks for being here and sharing your experiences with that ol' monster. Just as you said, Dave, it's absolutely possible to change the way you think. And as you think...well, you know the rest. It was the books in that list that slowly changed my thought patterns in a more positive direction. I'll have to update it with a few I've read since. A short list of the most influential of those would be "Ask and It is Given", Abraham-Hicks; "The Celestine Prophecy" and "The Tenth Insight", James Redfield; and "The Attractor Factor", Joe Vitale. Right now, in preparation for accepting a 101 Day Challenge with Robert G. Allen, I'm reading his book The Road To Wealth. It chronicles the story of three people he took out of an unemployment line in St. Louis in the mid-eighties to accept a similar challenge. In it he says "There is no failure, only feedback." As a result of reading these books, indeed, immersing myself in their message, I can say I've fully embraced that concept. My intent in posting this thread was to communicate the concept to others, especially people of my generation--baby boomers--who haven't yet acted on their dreams or who, facing 'feedback' the first time out, have become discouraged. I also just found a great quote from George Eliot that sums it up: "It is never too late to be what you might have been." Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/12/2006 1:40:35 PM
Judy, ============================================ They all follow the same principles and sometimes it just takes one of them to say the same things you've heard a thousand times before, just a little bit differently or a little bit stronger. ============================================ I just had to answer your post separately, Judy, because of this comment. It was exactly this realization, sometime last summer, that made me understand (about the Law of Attraction, in particular) I wasn't just reading theories...it was Truth. The proof, to me, was when I remembered a verse from the Bible I must have read or heard hundreds of times before I ever started reading those books: Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. --Matthew 7:7 Somewhere in all those books someone said it in just the way that I was prepared to hear it. They say that when the student is ready, the teacher shall appear. I guess I was a slow student, but I finally got there! Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/12/2006 1:49:30 PM
Lise, Thanks for that reminder! I was so excited by the concepts Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad, Poor Dad, that I read all of his other books in quick succession...so I can't remember whether that was in the first one or one of the others. I'm so anti-debt that I have struggled with the concept of 'good' debt vs. 'bad' debt, but I think I finally have it sorted out. Your re-statement of Mr. K's principle of creating cash flow to pay for a 'bad' debt actually clarified it for me. Now I know how to get that new luxury SUV I want without guilt! When that happens, I'll post the good news and say it was all because of you, lol. Cheri
+0
Diana Briere

243 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/12/2006 1:57:57 PM
Thanks Cheryl. That last book sounds very interesting. Its never too late to be what you might have been. What an excellent title. I have been getting these thoughts lately "my life is over" Its too late now to start anything new. This thought that keeps popping into my head needs oiling. Instead of getting rid of and scalling down,I need to be building,and creating. Maybe this book can help to motivate me. I am also beginning to experience empty nest syndrome and that little bit of quietness around the house is creeping up on me. I'm hoping for an early spring. Thanks for letting me express my thoughts on your forum. I hope I didn't drift away from the subject too far. From Diana http://mapleridgemarketplace.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!