Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Big Changes Coming at Adlandpro - Questions Answered
2/2/2006 2:14:10 PM
Hi Timothy, Well, that's an interesting point you've brought up. Rather than comment on this, I would recommend that everyone not use this function until it is clarified. (I'll ask Bogdan) It is interesting that a "friend" would not want to hear from a friend, IMO! God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/2/2006 2:17:22 PM
Hi Bogdan, Whew! :) Glad you're watching this, my friend! Thank you for the answer - I know you're busy - you just saved me a bunch of time checking this out. God bless, Dave
+0
2/2/2006 2:39:41 PM
Hi Dave, I have already used the new services also. They are great! I used the Direct Contact feature to alert all my friends the the new Adlander membership live today. David
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Big Changes Coming at Adlandpro - Direct Contact
2/2/2006 3:35:42 PM
Hi Timothy and all, Thanks, Timothy, for bringing up the new Direct Contact feature for upgraded members. With this new feature, paid members are able to send a message directly to all their friends' personal email boxes (the email address registered with Adlandpro) up to 4000 recipients per month. (It will work very well as a way to send out a newsletter or something similar to your friends.) What this means is that, if you have 4000 friends on your friends list and you send one message, that's it for the month. If you have 500 friends, you will be able to send 8 messages, and so on. In other words, this does not allow you to bombard your friends with email. This new function can only be used once per day up to your limit, meaning that if have 1000 friends, the maximum number of days you can send out a message is four. Furthermore, any recipient who does not want to receive future messages in this way can click the link at the bottom of the email to block you from sending any further Direct Contact email. This is a separate feature from the regular function of clicking the link on a profile to send messages within the present system. Since this is still going through the Adland system, no one actually has a fellow member's private email address, unless they have personally shared it with another member. The reply-to function is being modified for the new Direct Contact feature so that you will not be bombarded with replies, especially when some members have chosen to use an autoresponder on their private email. This will be a very valuable resource when used wisely. God bless, Dave
+0
Timothy Sullivan

46 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Big Changes Coming at Adlandpro - Direct Contact
2/2/2006 3:57:21 PM
Thanks Dave...I started thinking about my previous post and my experience with the one individual who was upset about it. When you really think about it, it's really no different than the community notification procedure where someone starts a forum and notifies all on their contact list. You recieve an email at your address on file with Adland Pro but the forum starter is not given your email address. It appears that initially, a few of the response messages I received did in fact show their email address. However, this has been changed and now the address indicated in the email is the Adland system/community address which I believe you cannot directly reply to but is used to managed unsubscriptions/blocks of the Direct Contact feature. I hope the individual that got upset has reconsidered and is willing to take another look. Thanks again Dave for this terrific forum. I actually spoke to Bogdan about the issue as soon as it happened and immediately after my first post, but Bogdan was quick to read my post and had already addressed the issue. Very unique system here when you call with an issue and you get "The Boss"! It was my pleasure to speak with you Bogdan and want to say here that your improvements are terrific. I wish you the best with the new membership program. Take care.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!