Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Warm & Cozy St Patrick's Day Meal
3/13/2015 1:05:30 AM

Hi Myrna,

Welcome to the club my Friend. I made a note of something important just the other day, but then I forgot where I put the note!

Speaking of going to the grocery store, I got this Cake recipe in an email from Betty Crocker today and since it's appropriate for St. Patrick's Day, I thought that I would share it with you all.

Ice Cream Celebration Cake

Ingredients

Cake

1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ devil’s food cake mix
1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
4 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Irish cream liqueur
1 cup sour cream

Irish Creme Frosting

1 cup butter, softened
4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla

Chocolate Glaze

4 oz bittersweet baking chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Directions

Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Spray 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.

In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until well blended. Pour batter into pans. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.

In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until blended. Add 1/4 cup liqueur and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until frosting is smooth and spreadable.

Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with one-third of the frosting. Top with second layer. Frost side and top of cake with thin layer of frosting to seal in crumbs. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Frost cake with remaining frosting.

Place chopped chocolate in small bowl. In small saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium heat until bubbles form around edge. Pour warm cream over chocolate; let stand 1 minute. Stir with whisk until chocolate is melted. Add corn syrup and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Stir until smooth. Let stand 10 minutes or until thickened.

Pour glaze on top of cake, letting some glaze drip down side. Sprinkle almonds around edge of cake. Store in refrigerator.

Betty Crocker

Have A Great Terrific Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2015 9:44:46 AM
  • Colcannon Ingredients
    3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
    4 ounces sliced bacon, cut into ½-inch dice

6 green onions, thinly sliced
    1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced
    ½ to 1 cup milk, scalded
    ¼ cup butter, melted
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Instructions
    Cook potatoes in a pot of salted water until fork tender. Drain well.
    Saute bacon until almost crisp. Add green onions and saute another minute. Add cabbage and cook until barely tender.
    Put drained hot potatoes through a ricer or mash with potato masher. Slowly stir in hot milk until potatoes reach the desired consistency. Add butter and cabbage mixture.
    Salt and pepper to taste.

• using just 1 or 2 pieces of turkey bacon. NO salt in water or no salt to meal.
  • I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
    +1
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    3/15/2015 4:10:35 PM

Hi Pat,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the great recipe. I also make this with Kale and sometimes I sub out half of the potatoes with parsnips.

Have A Great Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    3/16/2015 1:50:29 AM

Hi Everyone,

Here's another one that came to me in an email today from Betty Crocker that is perfect for your St. Paddy's Day celebration. This simple recipe uses Green Giant™ Steamers™ veggies and Betty Crocker™ mashed potatoes to make this hearty and delicious slow-cooker Shepherd’s Pie even easier. Serves 4.

Slow-cooker Shepherd's Pie

Ingredients

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
    1 can (10.75 oz) Campbell's low-sodium tomato soup
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1 bag (11 oz) Green Giant™ Steamers Valley Blend™ frozen vegetables
    4 cups water
    6 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
    1 1/2 cups milk
    2 pouches (4.7 oz each) Betty Crocker™ Homestyle creamy butter mashed potatoes Chopped fresh herbs, if desired
    Directions
    In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned; drain. Stir in soup, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread mixture evenly in bottom of 6-quart slow cooker. Top evenly with frozen vegetables.

In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to a rapid boil. Remove from heat; stir in milk and dry potatoes until just combined. Let stand 1 minute, then stir again. Spread evenly over top of vegetables in slow cooker.

Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until warm and vegetables are cooked through.

Serve warm sprinkled with herbs

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

+0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    3/17/2015 5:18:48 PM
    Hello My Friends,

It just would not be St. Patrick's Day for me without the following Irish Blessing.

Just Click Below...

"This Blessing Is For You"

Have A Blessed St Patrick's Day My Friends,

Phil

+0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!