Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
A Warm & Cozy St Patrick's Day Meal
3/9/2015 11:48:11 PM

Hello Friends,

Happy St Patrick's Day to one and all. Here's a traditional meal that you might enjoy.

No more dry corned beef! Cook this in your slow cooker all day and you're guaranteed success! Serve this with the Irish Soda Bread below for a warm and satisfying meal.

Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage

Ingredients

4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Warm & Cozy St Patrick's Day Meal
3/10/2015 2:42:56 AM
Hi Phil,

Your St Patty's day dinner sounds wonderful.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2015 1:22:35 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for stopping by, my Friend. Not sure exactly what happened to the Editor, but I'm glad that you like the recipe.

Hope You Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2015 8:49:41 PM

Hello Friends,

Let's try the Soda Bread again, but with a slightly different method of baking. Soda bread is delicious no matter what. However, if you use a cast-iron pan to bake it, then you'll be rewarded with a whole new level of great taste.

Irish Soda Bread

Ingredients

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch round cast iron skillet or a 9 inch round baking or cake pan.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour (reserving 1 tablespoon), sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins and caraway seeds. In a small bowl, blend eggs, buttermilk and sour cream. Stir the liquid mixture into flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Knead dough in bowl about 10 to 12 strokes. Dough will be sticky. Place the dough in the prepared skillet or pan and pat down. Cut a 4x3/4 inch deep slit in the top of the bread. Dust with reserved flour
  3. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 65 to 75 minutes. Let cool and turn bread onto a wire rack. Serves 6-8.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/12/2015 2:19:13 AM
Hi Phil,

The Soda bread sounds so good.> Was going to get buttermilk today and forgot it. So need to go to store again. I forgot flout too. I am good. lol

Love this crazy st patrick

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!