Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: How About A Healthy Lunch My Friends?
8/7/2013 11:10:09 PM
Hi Phil,
Your lunches look so good. I just ate dinner, but they still make my mouth water. because they look so good. Cooking is one of your many gifts. Oh, and by the way I sure am glad you are back.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/8/2013 3:30:02 PM

Hi Myrna,

Glad you like my recipes. Yes, given my lack of mobility these days, cooking is one of the few Joys I have left, and it's great to share the ideas with my Friends. I just hope that they help a little bit and that you all enjoy the meals. By the way, I love your little Chef. Might just have to borrow him.

For a little change of pace for lunch, rather than Soup and a Sandwich, you might like to give these Nuggets a try if you get the chance. These herb-battered chicken morsels are tender and delicious and they get their nutty flavor from wheat germ. Add a small Garden Salad to complete your meal.

Herbed Chicken Nuggets

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 eggs (egg whites), beaten
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Have A Terrific Thursday,
Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/8/2013 4:49:40 PM
Hi Phil,

The Herb Chicken Nuggets sounds so good. Got to try them. I made chicken last night, it was so good. I take a breast and slice it into strips and fry it in coconut oil. It is yummy.

I am just thankful that you are back with us again, and it better stay that way. You were missed, big time.
You are also welcome to use anything I post, it is nice to know someone likes what you create, or fine.
Have a great day.
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2013 1:56:50 AM

Hi Myrna,

Got to try that Chiken with the Coconut Oil. They sound good! Been using more Coconut Oil and Almond Flour lately. Love the taste and I think it's healthier.

Speaking of Coconut Oil, here's a little something sweet that you might like. This has two ingredients and takes literally a minute to come together. It's a fun twist to the traditional chocolate sauce as this hardens once it sits on the cold ice cream. It's like a chocolate candy shell for ice cream.

Candy Shell Ice Cream Topping

2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 c. Chocolate Chips

In a microwave safe bowl add the coconut oil and chocolate chips. Cook in intervals of 20 seconds, stirring after each set. Repeat until melted and smooth. (Mine was completely melted and smooth in under a minute). Drizzle over ice cream and enjoy!

Have A Happy Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2013 6:09:00 PM

Hello Again Myrna,

Continuing from the previous Post, that Shell Recipe also works with Butterscotch Chips as well, and it's delicious.

I've started substituting Coconut Oil for the more common cooking oils I generally used, and it can actually be used as a direct replacement in frying, sautéing, and baking, all the while containing no cholesterol or trans fats. I have read of studies that have been conducted on coconut oil and they seem to support the theory that eating as little as 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on a daily basis increases good cholesterol, helps prevent heart attacks and strokes, improves mental functions and that it may even help to prevent memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

The oil adds a nice subtle flavor of coconut to any meal and I've used it when I'm popping up some popcorn for family movie night or I have used it for stir frying vegetables for a new and unique taste. Since Coconut Oil will store for 12 to 18 months under ideal storage conditions (cool, dry place), I generally buy it in the 32oz. size shown below, to get a better value for my money...

Also, for healthier, Gluten-free Baking, you may want to try...

I hope you'll give them a try and then drop me a note, phil21@gmail.com , to let me know what you think.

Have A Fantastic Friday,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!