Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Amazing images!!
8/6/2013 9:34:15 AM
Beautiful Folegandross island Greece!

2013 - 1.jpg

I wish I be there!!
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/6/2013 4:59:56 PM
A beautiful purple tree tunnel in Portugal formed by nature itself!!

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/6/2013 5:56:31 PM
Amazing road!! (But was it really necessary?? )

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Amazing images and places!!!
8/7/2013 8:50:45 AM
Halsema Highway, Philippines: one of the most dangerous highway!!

The highest highway in all of the Philippines, the Halsema Highway takes about six hours to traverse. Located on the island of Luzon, the Halsema Highway runs through the Central Cordillera Valley in the Philippines from Baguio to Bontoc and farther on toward Tabuk and Tuguegarao. Landslides and rock falls are common, often stranding motorists for long periods of time. Many portions of the road are still unpaved, although work is supposedly in progress to bring about some improvements, and there are plenty of drop-offs that are steep. Foggy conditions paired with the lack of much-needed guardrails in certain areas only complicate the Halsema Highway’s already dangerous conditions.

Halsema Highway is considered one of the most dangerous highways in the world. Everyday, commuters, transporters, tourists, and residents coming from Baguio or Mt. Province ply this route, braving steep crags, narrow, unpaved roads and sheer drop offs, some more than 1000 feet, without a safety guard rail.

The road Was opened in 1930 as led by Engineer Euseibus Julius Halsema of whom this highway was named after. He was also Baguio city's mayor during that time.

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Amazing images and places!!!
8/10/2013 4:49:51 PM
Monsanto! Beautiful Rock Village in Portugal!

Houses tucked between, on, and underneath giant boulders

In 1938, Monsanto was bestowed the most "Portuguese town in Portugal."

At first glance, Monsanto certainly does not seem a fit representative of the entire country. For one thing, most Portuguese houses are not sandwiched between gigantic boulders.

Defined by its landscape, Monsanto hangs off of a mountaintop overlooking the Portuguese countryside with views for miles. Monsanto has hardly changed in hundreds of years, and enjoys distinction in Portugal as a living museum. Due to this standing, Monsanto cannot be changed and has retained its classic village charm.

Its tiny streets wind at a steep grade past red-roofed cottages tucked against mossy boulders. Some of the boulders are actually fitted with doors, leading to structures carved right into the rocky landscape. While the mountainous town seems a bit unorthodox, it is actually a unique twist on classic Portuguese architecture.

Walking along the cobbled streets it soon becomes evident that Monsanto is a microcosm of Portugal. The architecture even incorporates the Portuguese Manueline style on a number of buildings and a church. While it certainly represents the classic Portuguese village style, visitors will no doubt be more impressed with the cottages built in boulder chic rather than medieval Romanesque or Manueline.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!