Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Amazing images and places!!!
8/18/2013 4:37:40 PM
Bar inside 6000 years old tree!!

Sunland Baobab is a well-known enormous baobab tree in South Africa. It is one of the largest baobabs in South Africa with a circumference of 47 meter, or 33 meter, depending on who you believe, and a height reaching 19~22 meter. Regardless of the actual figure, everyone agrees that it is the widest tree on the entire continent. It is so big that there's room enough for a small pub inside. The Sunland Baobab is understandably, one of the area's most popular attractions.

But Sunland Baobab wasn’t hollowed out artificially so that a pub could be placed inside. The trunk of this remarkable species is naturally hollow. The small pub inside the tree was created in 1933, and if you visit it today you will still be served a drink. The bar has 13-foot high ceilings and can comfortably fit 15 people inside. The tree is situated on a farm owned by the Van Heerden family, who take care of this majestic specimen.

Besides its remarkable dimensions, the baobab is also one of the oldest trees on earth. Carbon dating has estimated it to be around 6000 years old.

The narrow entrance to the bar.

Few others images of the tree(inside and outside)!

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2013 6:33:53 PM
Truly amazing
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/20/2013 3:20:06 PM
Lysefjord, Norway!!

Lysefjord is a fjord located in Forsand in Ryfylke in south-western Norway. The name means light fjord, and is said to be derived from the lightly coloured granite rocks along its sides.

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/20/2013 4:39:34 PM
Tianzi Mountain, China!

It is located in the northern part of Wulingyuan Scenic Area in Hunan Province, Tianzi (Son of Heaven) Mountain Nature Reserve is one of the four scenic spots in Wulingyuan (three other spots are the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, the Suoxiyu Natural Resource Reserve and the Yangjiajie Scenic Area). It covers an area of 67 square kilometers (about 16,550 acres), and the highest peak is 1,262 meters (about 4,140 feet) above the sea level.

Tianzi Mountain provides stunning views of peaks, which rise one after another. It is known as 'the Monarch of the Peak Forest'. At the top of the mountain, visitors can see the full extent of the Wulingyuan Scenic Area. Beautiful scenes of the mountain greet visitors in different seasons. There are four wonders: the Sea of Clouds, the Radiance of the Moonlight, Rays of Sunshine and the Snow in winter.

Tianzi Mountain takes its name from a man, Xiang Dakun. He was the leader of the Tu ethnic group during the last years of the Southern Song Dynasty (1127 -1279). Xiang Dakun led a revolution and avowed himself as Tianzi (Son of Heaven). Visiting the Tianzi Mountain Area, visitors can see many sites about his story, the most impressive being: the Yu Bi Peaks, the Xian Nü San Hua, and the Shen Bing Ju Hui.

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2013 10:14:00 PM

So very beautiful.

I'm impressed

+1

facebook