Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Amazing images!!
8/4/2013 9:02:51 AM
Pink Lake or Lake Hillier!!!

Pink Lake or Hillier lake is a salt lake in the Goldfields-Esperance region of Western Australia. It lies about 3 kilometres west of Esperance and is bounded to the East by the South Coast Highway.

It's color is Pink. The color is constant and does not change even when a certain amount poured into the pan.

The tiny lake only spans about 600 meters wide but its rose pink colour in unmistakable. The reason for the lake's color is still under investigation, and so far no one has come up with a reasonable explanation. However, the most probable explanation according to some scientists involves the low nutrient concentrations and growth of Dunaliella salina & Halobacterium. The island and lake are thought to have been first charted by the Flinders expedition in 1802.

Presumably their only use for this pink lake is to bottle and export it as treatment for non-Australian problems like upset stomachs, nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, and indigestion. Similarly another pink lake named 'Lake Retba' is located in Senegal.

Weird Places: Australia's Bright Pink Lake!!

+2
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/6/2013 5:17:55 AM
Ta Prohm at Angkor, Siem Reap Province, Cambodia.

Unlike most of the temples of Angkor, Ta Prohm has been largely left to the clutches of the living jungle. With its dynamic interaction between nature and man-made art, this atmospheric temple is a favorite for many - who can't help but feel a little like Indiana Jones or Lara Croft (which was filmed here) as they pick through the rubble.

Construction on Ta Prohm began in 1186 AD. Originally known as Rajavihara (Monastery of the King), Ta Prohm was a Buddhist temple dedicated to the mother of King Jayavarman VII.

A rare inscription at Ta Prohm provides statistics on the temple's workers. Allowing for some exaggeration to honor the king, the inscription's report of around 80,000 workers, including 2700 officials and 615 dancers, is still astounding.

Great trees tower above Ta Prohm, their leaves filtering the sunlight, providing welcome shade and casting a greenish light over the otherwordly site. Delicately carved reliefs on the walls sprout lichen, moss and creeping plants.

Unfortunately:
Ta Prohm is extensively ruined, but you can still explore numerous towers, close courtyards and narrow corridors, discovering hidden gems of stone reliefs beneath the encroaching foliage. Many of the corridors are impassible, thanks to the jumbled piles of carved stone blocks that clog their interiors.
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/6/2013 6:08:37 AM
Octopus!! is it dancing??

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/6/2013 6:14:49 AM
Amazing view!! where it is?

Got two different information about the source of this amazing and awesome place.
One is Tahiti, French Polynesia and another one is Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Can any one help me to find the exact one?

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/6/2013 6:20:44 AM
Hamrafoss hamlet, Iceland!!
+1