Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: GREAT MASTERS OF PAINTING - WILLIAM TURNER
6/9/2013 2:15:43 AM
Quote:

I say nothing unique when I say, "What a master of light".

Even the dark forbidding examples of his work use the light, or lack of it, to create great effects.

A master of the economy of brushstrokes too.

Oh to paint like him. I know exactly what you mean Miguel.

Roger

You are right, Roger; Turner's use of light (or its absence) seems to have been connatural with him. Like he created his works mainly out of it. In fact, he was very close to perfection. If only he had dedicated more of his effort and skills to portraying the human figure, he could have been acclaimed as the best ever painter in the history of art... but then, his extraordinary ability and taste with sceneries might have suffered a bit from the distraction and on the other hand, it probably was just that he was not interested in it.

Thanks for visiting and contributing,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/9/2013 2:21:23 AM
Quote:
Once again, Luis Miguel, thank you! Amazing photo...Great art!

Hi Nerma, I am so glad you showed up. Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/9/2013 2:27:03 AM
Quote:
Hi Miguel,
Thanks for sharing these; they are nothing but amazing piece! quite natural.....
Blessings & happy weekend..

Sam

Hi Sam,

Always a pleasure to have you here; I so appreciate your comments.

Thank you & Best Wishes too for the weekend,

Miguel

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/9/2013 2:55:02 AM

How Turner reached that luminous state in his old age is, to me, most interesting, to say the least. In fact, you might think he got started on his artistic career by painting simple things - maybe an uncomplicated landscape or, at best, some girl's portrait. But not at all. At seventeen, he was painting things like this.

William Turner - The Pantheon, the Morning after the Fire
(watercolor on paper, 1792)

+3
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/9/2013 2:56:09 AM
Quote:
It would be hard to find a more idyllic landscape than this one, painted circa 1823 - that is, Turner must have been almost fifty by then.

William Turner - The Bay of Baiae with Apollo and the Sybil
(oil on canvas, c.1823)

Miguel, his works are beautiful, and your labor, as always, is greatly appreciated.
Even if I do not show up to thank you loud, I am enjoying your great pages behind the curtain. Impressions may have barrier to be heard, but gratitude - it simply can't be prevented by silence and I am sure it finds you.

Have a beautiful Sunday.
+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!