Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Cowboy artists
5/19/2013 1:37:00 AM
Hi Roger,
This one is beautiful to me.

Cowboy Artists of America ~ 2011 Awards
Silver - Water Soluble
Dave Powell, Oklahoma's First Family, Kiowa Warrior

Anne Marion Best Of Show Award
The Anne Marion Best of Show Award is selected by the judges from the four gold medal winners. This painting also won the Gold Medal for Water Solubles.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2013 2:10:18 AM
Hi Roger,

I agree with Myrna, these are great.

Dave Powell - Kiowa Warrior
Also the Anne Marion Best Of Show Award.

?
These are most impressive too, really extraordinary:

Bill Owen - ? (Wow!)

Jason Rich - ?

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2013 8:21:55 AM

Quote:
Hi Roger,
Here is another. I enlarged it

Beautiful choice, Myrna.

A great subject.

We in the UK, like everywhere else in the world, tend to forget what was going on elsewhere. We have all of the Victorian cottage aintings, we have the industrialist paintings and rural landscapes, we have the portraits of the rich and famous but we forget this totally different life that was developing elsewhere. With the knowhow brought to America by the European nations and the knowledge of the Native Americans a whole new farming and survival system was developing. Most European immigrants would have developed new methods of survival which would have been indispensible during the opening up of the West.

The way of life has developed with the 20th century but much remains a tough and rugged way of life. Todays cowboys have retained those early skills.

A lifestyle which is unique to the US has its counterparts in other pioneer countries like South Africa and Australia. Perhaps we will look at their art in the future.

Roger

Cannon riding song by Gary Niblett

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2013 8:36:44 AM

Miguel and Myrna,

Great pics and opinions.

Later I may expand the "cowboy" image to other countries too. Here is a PHOTOGRAPH of Argentinian cowboys today. Looks very similar?

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/20/2013 8:07:34 PM

The Western Art Associates of Phoenix Art Museum

Fred Fellows, "Moving Camp on the Haythorn" 2010, silver award winning opaque watercolor at the 45th annual, 2010 Cowboy Artists of America show and sale at Phoenix Art Museum. Museum purchase with funds provided by Western Art Associates.

+1