Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Cowboy artists
5/29/2013 9:46:53 AM

Hi all, I love this one, it's pretty well painted. I am not sure, but it looks like a watercolor or a gouache.

Julie Rogers, "Dust n Tails"

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/29/2013 7:18:59 PM
Quote:

Hi all, I love this one, it's pretty well painted. I am not sure, but it looks like a watercolor or a gouache.

Julie Rogers, "Dust n Tails"

Yes,

Miguel. It's really good.

I think that it is a watercolour.

Roger

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/29/2013 10:36:01 PM
Hi Roger and Miguel,

I think this one is pretty special.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+2
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/16/2013 3:47:45 AM

10_1_136.gifHi Roger,

First, I want to thank you for responding to my new forum thread. For about a week, I have not been able to respond to people in my other thread, and now I am not able to make responses in my new thread. I'm not sure what is wrong.

However, this gave me the chance to study these pictures more closely and what I find remarkable is not only the detail given to the horses, but the intricate details of the equipment as well. Cowboys are on the range sometimes as long as six months (at least the early cowboys) They get to know their mounts inside and out. I also noticed that the cattle, although all the same breed are all different. These artists are brilliant to say the least, as they each pay very close attention to detail in their paintings or pastels. Most artists, when dealing with multiple animals will show a couple close up in detail, but show the rest in shadowy form so you know what they are, but that's about all. These artists show every detail, even the smallest. They love what they do and it shows in their artwork.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

foodstorage.gif

smogmeinichols3.jpgThis would be a quicker way to round up the cattle. Oh, wait a minute. They did bad things to the cattle. Never mind.

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/16/2013 8:39:58 AM

Michael,

You are so right about these things. The very size of ranches meant long hours in the saddle and a personal relationship with their animals. A fascinating subject for artists but very challenging.

I think the UFO might spook a few of the cattle.

Roger

+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!