Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Cowboy artists
5/17/2013 4:25:20 AM
Quote:
Hi Roger,

These paintings are very nice. Looking at his picture, I would never have guessed he was a painter. He looks more like a cowboy. Looks don't always mean anything. These paintings remind me of the old cowboy movies. cool.

Yes Myrna, we can now make our own movies, watching at those paintings.
I enjoy in doing it.
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2013 10:20:03 PM

Lots to come.

Chairing a meeting for Girl Guides and Boy Scouts tonight so I will be back soon.

FEEL FREE TO BRING COWBOY PAINTINGS.

Gary Niblett

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2013 10:21:06 PM

Gary Niblett

+1
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2013 1:12:29 AM
Cool!

Roger, I like the first and third paintings, there's something about cattle crossing thru water or being driven and kicking up dust on the plains...it's awesome! :)

Thanks for this feature, usually when people think about "art"...cattle doesn't come to mind. You've brought up a great conversational topic here, different perspective on different lifestyles, the art of "work"...the great plains, farming, cattle breeding, and the colors of hard work and outdoors, amazingly are the same colors of scenic relaxation, in a very different perspective.

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2013 8:13:40 AM
Quote:
Cool!

Roger, I like the first and third paintings, there's something about cattle crossing thru water or being driven and kicking up dust on the plains...it's awesome! :)

Thanks for this feature, usually when people think about "art"...cattle doesn't come to mind. You've brought up a great conversational topic here, different perspective on different lifestyles, the art of "work"...the great plains, farming, cattle breeding, and the colors of hard work and outdoors, amazingly are the same colors of scenic relaxation, in a very different perspective.

Glad you find interesting.

A whole generation or two grew up seeing pioneering folk taming wild America. It wasn't all killing native Americans. In many parts there was valuable co-operation and the great cattle farms of the USA were born.

Who would imagine that an artist would be sitting in the background.

We tend to forget that Canada shared some of the same adventure.

http://www.jrswesternart.ca/gallery2.html

Canadian artist John SchnurrenbergerJohn Ralph Schnurrenberger

I have only brought one painting because of copyright. I'm sure he would be pleased if you visited his wonderful site.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!