Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Wilhelm Reich - Freudian and anti-Freudian
4/8/2013 9:24:33 AM
A few chapters from Reich's "

Listen, Little Man! (1948)

a part of his populistic psychology:

You are different from the really great man in only one thing: The great man, at one time, also was a very little man, but he developed one important ability: he learned to see where he was small in his thinking, and actions. Under the pressure of some task which was dear to him he learned better and better to sense the threat that comes from his smallness and pettiness. The great man, then, knows when and in what he is a little man.

You let men in power assume power "for the Little Man". But you yourself remain silent. You give men in power or impotent people with evil intentions the power to represent you. Only too late do you realize that again and again you are being defrauded.

My intellect tells me: "Tell the truth at any cost." The Little Man in me says: "It is stupid to expose oneself to the little man, to put oneself at his mercy. The Little Man does not want to hear the truth about himself. He does not want the great responsibility which is his. He wants to remain a Little Man. He wants to remain a Little Man, or wants to become a little great man. He wants to become rich, or a party leader, or commander of a legion, or secretary of the society for the abolition of vice. But he does not want to assume responsibility for his work..."

You beg for happiness in life, but security is more important to you, even if it costs you your spine or your life. Your life will be good and secure when aliveness will mean more to you than security; love more than money; your freedom more than party line or public opinion; when your thinking will be in harmony with your feelings; when the teachers of your children will be better paid than the politicians; when you will have more respect for the love between man and woman than for a marriage license.

------------------------

Nietzsche talks to the OVERMAN (The Übermensch) and Reich talks to the Little Man.
First was considered as for the Nazi apologist, second denounced by the Nazis.

Hmmm.

What do you think?

+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/8/2013 6:33:44 PM

Branka,

This reminds me that I shall only be free when I cease to worry about what others think of me.

Short answer but it says it for me.

Roger

+3
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/16/2013 6:58:05 AM
Quote:

Branka,

This reminds me that I shall only be free when I cease to worry about what others think of me.

Short answer but it says it for me.

Roger

Sorry for such a belated reply Roger.

I agree. By making a neighborhood mind unemployed by our lives, we'd surely live more reasonable, and in a bigger peace with our own visions and goals. Yet we have to enable a right guide to our own personality indentities, who would never resist to fight for the precedence in making steps.

Our education suggests strictness to what is useless within ourselves. That strictness gives a birth to envy among our own psychics and menatal instruments. If we avoid to be strict, our goal has a big chance to be wasted. Hm ... how to organize our instruments to accomplish and to gain, without confronting our talents and instruments? We definitely are not machines.

When we favor psyche, we supress our sexuality (mental, which is "organiser" of our sexuality). Puritanism is a sword with two sharp sides. When we favor mental, we supress psychics puritanism. Whatever we do, they are in opposition and they fight to each other, and we are in the gap between a commandment and desire.

What to do?

For any situation in our lives, in the world, I can freely take the stance: “I am responsible for……” as in “I am cause in the matter of…..”. And in taking this stand I move from showing up as victim of the situation, or simply a bystander looking on the situation, to being someone who declares himself to be a causal agent, someone who has a say in the situation at hand and how it turns out.

— Werner Erhard

What Werner Erhard (one who respects Wilhelm Reich greatly) suggests here could be of a big help.

To live in the way we wish, we should change approach to ourselves.
Hope you agree in that point.

+3

facebook
Like us on Facebook!