Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Wilhelm Reich - Freudian and anti-Freudian
4/5/2013 8:51:29 PM

The Reich-Einstein Experiment

On December 30th, 1940 Wilhelm Reich wrote to Albert Einstein in Princeton suggesting that he had an important scientific discovery to discuss. On January 13, 1941, Reich visited Einstein in Princeton. They talked for 5 hours, and Einstein agreed to test the apparatus that Reich would supply, an "orgone accumulator", a box made up of a Faraday cage (galvanized steel) insulated by wood and paper on the outside. Einstein performed the experiment which involved taking the temperatures atop and near the device. Einstein also stripped the device down to its Faraday cage. In both cases, Einstein observed a positive temperature difference for a week in his study, and confirmed Reich's finding in a published letter. Einstein originally agreed with Reich that this discovery was a "a bomb in physics". Since there was no explanation for the finding, Reich concluded that the heat was the result of a novel form of energy (massfree orgone energy) that accumulated inside the Faraday cage. However, Einstein's assistant, Leopold Infeld, interpreted the phenomenon as the result of thermal convection, but he failed to provide an experimental demonstration of his contention. Einstein reversed himself and concurred that the experiment seemingly could be explained by convection.

Reich and Einstein disagreed on the interpretation of the experiment. The entire correspondence between Reich and Einstein was published by the Orgone Institute Press in a book called The Einstein Affair. Official biographers of Einstein have seen fit to omit or insufficiently describe the only experiment that Einstein conducted with Reich, which is properly described in alternative scientific literature as "the Reich-Einstein experiment". In 2001, Paulo Correa and Alexandra Correa reproduced the experiment and introduced controls that rule out the possibility of convection as an explanation. A similar reproduction was independently carried out by Eugene Mallove.

(continue reading here )

+2
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/5/2013 8:55:19 PM
Quote:

It's a good thing that it's the weekend.

I tried reading the into but my wife has the TV so loud I couldnt concentrate. Aaaa\aaaargh

And I'm supposed to be the deaf one.

Roger

Now really Aaaa\aaaargh. Without wish to convince you to follow my steps, I guess this helps you to understand completely my single state :).

Hope you'd find the time and peace to do what you like.

Love you Roger!
+2
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/5/2013 8:58:23 PM
Quote:
Roger, again for your wife hiding?

Hi Lydia!

Roger is a great guy, and Angela has married a true gentleman.

Hugs friend!
+2
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/5/2013 8:59:35 PM

Branka,

About Einstein - now physicists argue, he led science on the wrong track as Susanin

Лидия

+2
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/5/2013 9:05:01 PM

Branka, is our Roger great gay or true gentlemen?

Hugs,

Лидия

+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!