Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Lunatics, Lovers and Poets ...dedicated to THE GREAT AND INIMITABLE ...
2/13/2013 8:19:34 AM
Quote:
Hi Branka,

I have ignored Shakespeare, so I guess it is time I get with the program.

Hi Myrna!

Somehow I feel it's time for Shakespeare's re-affirmation, at least there where he was challenged and contradicted. There were a few great writers, poets and philosophers whose works laid the foundations for modern psychology and sociology, and one of those who has built most stable bridges between psychology and sociology, between ancient and modern times, is Shakespeare.

To say it simplest possible, Shakespeare SEES the depths which are not affordable to human cognitive "instruments", pointing out how "those who see" - and "those who know how", share time and space, and scenery, but they rarely meet. Shakespearean paradox is total unique and well deserved to be explored and understood.

More to come Myrna :).

+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/13/2013 8:46:50 AM

A Midsummer Night's dream

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind"

Roger

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/13/2013 8:50:08 AM

And this from Hamlet

Doubt that the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move his aides, Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love

+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/17/2013 11:48:35 PM
Quote:

And this from Hamlet

Doubt that the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move his aides, Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love

Thank you Roger!
Finally I am back to Shakespeare! I was doing my best to find needed time to do here what I meant to do, but without asking me what I think about it, time has found me. A half of hour ago my house could be in fire. Something has happened with electro-instalations in my bathroom, and fortunately my cat instinct has led me to that side of house, so I could react timely, preventing fire. Still it is stinking like burned rubber, but the flame didn't show up. It is too late to call the service, but I am not comfortable to go to sleep.

Could it be better to wait for the safe morning solution, than talking to Shakespeare :)?
+2
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/18/2013 12:42:38 AM
Roger and friends,

I left some empty space on first page of this thread, to give intro into Shakespeare's genial contribution to psychology and anthropology, not only to literature. Now I have started filling it.

I really count with your patience and understanding for my so slow walk through the topic.
I wish to do it as good, as the aim and all related to the theme, deserves.

+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!