Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Lunatics, Lovers and Poets ...dedicated to THE GREAT AND INIMITABLE ...
2/18/2013 1:59:37 AM
Hi Branka,

I have been following this thread with utmost interest. I have also been trying to find if only a little time to post in it. There are so many things that I would like to share about my relationship with the author and his work. Unfortunately, I am still pressed by the tyrant and there is little I can do about it at present.

William Shakespeare, what a great subject indeed! Perhaps as this thread progresses and if time permits, I will be able to make a few comments on those of his works that I have read in the past. One of the wonderful things concerning literature is how the great literary works can differently affect you at different stages of your life.

At any rate, thank you for bringing this subject to us.

Hugs and Blessings,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2013 9:01:15 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you Roger!
Finally I am back to Shakespeare! I was doing my best to find needed time to do here what I meant to do, but without asking me what I think about it, time has found me. A half of hour ago my house could be in fire. Something has happened with electro-instalations in my bathroom, and fortunately my cat instinct has led me to that side of house, so I could react timely, preventing fire. Still it is stinking like burned rubber, but the flame didn't show up. It is too late to call the service, but I am not comfortable to go to sleep.

Could it be better to wait for the safe morning solution, than talking to Shakespeare :)?

I hope all turned out well.

I will go and take a look now at your earlier pages.

Roger

+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/18/2013 8:29:24 PM
Quote:
Hi Branka,

I have been following this thread with utmost interest. I have also been trying to find if only a little time to post in it. There are so many things that I would like to share about my relationship with the author and his work. Unfortunately, I am still pressed by the tyrant and there is little I can do about it at present.

William Shakespeare, what a great subject indeed! Perhaps as this thread progresses and if time permits, I will be able to make a few comments on those of his works that I have read in the past. One of the wonderful things concerning literature is how the great literary works can differently affect you at different stages of your life.

At any rate, thank you for bringing this subject to us.

Hugs and Blessings,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

It feels great to have you joining us, thank you!

It is wellknown that during his life Shakespeare wrote 37 plays and 156 sonnets. Research on his life was always a powerful magnet for me, but lately, when I became a passionate swimmer upstream, Shakespeare's paradoxes became my "companions". Pleyade of great minds from Reneissance, holds the keys to many misteries.

Simply, I am in awe, not only by their artistic scope. Somehow I can see, around the same table, onothologists and gnoseologists, agnostics and sermons, fools and sages. But, it would be too much for now :).

Leaving here one great big hug to you Miguel, along with those amazing Richard II words:

. . . . How sour sweet music is
When time is broke, and no proportion kept.
So is it in the music of men's lives:
Here have I the daintiness of ear
To check time broke in a disordered string,
But for the concord of my state and time,
Had not the ear to hear my true name broke.
I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.
 (V.v.41-49)

+2
2/18/2013 8:56:27 PM
Please check my blog on shakespeare http://williamshakespearescorner.blogspot.in
+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/18/2013 9:14:46 PM
Quote:
Please check my blog on shakespeare http://williamshakespearescorner.blogspot.in

Hi Kiran!

Thanks for posting the link to your blog dedicated to Shakespeare!
I am so happy to got to meet you. Not only that you live in area where my Swami lived, but plus you are lover of Shakespeare.
What a beautiful world!!!

I'd visit your blog, and please feel free to contribute here.

Take care friend!
+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!