Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Surrealist Phenomenon - SALVADOR DALI
11/27/2012 2:06:57 AM

So glad to see you here,
Roger, and to read your always poignant comments.

Actually it was with your Dali's past thread in mind that I finally dared to start this one, but I cannot believe I have taken so long to do it.

This promises to be a wonderful topic. I only hope we will have enough time to share ideas and feeling in the next few days and maybe weeks. There is so much to talk about when it comes to art and the great masters... this is a great opportunity, and it is just beginning.

As usual, thank you for your great feedback.

Miguel

Salvador Dali - Paranoiac-Astral Image (oil on panel, 1934)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Nellie .

594 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/27/2012 2:28:46 AM
Hi Luis, I will add your forum to your Spotlight feature. This is super work! Nellie
+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2012 3:28:59 AM

Hi Luis,

I am glad that I found this thread. Actually, Shirley brought me to it. I have always loved the Surrealist artists for the fact that they brought even the smallest detail into focus. So much has been lost in Michael Angelos paintings when censorship came into play. Life as seen by the surrealist is life as it is, not life as some people feel it should be. I will be looking forward to coming by to see more great artwork. Thank you for being you my friend.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+1
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2012 4:53:22 AM
i am not very familiar with Salvador Dali but i hope to learn more about this great painter here in this forum. thanks LUIS for showing the paintings. PAT
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2012 8:10:14 AM

Pat,

You are in for a treat.

Wierd and wonderful sums Dali's work up.

Based upon his dreams and very strange mind his images are complicated and often not easily understood. He was obsessed with death but showed this in different ways but often with naked ladies. You will see ''drawers'' like in a chest of drawers, frequently and these had a special meaning too.

Much will become clearer some will be hard to understand.

Anyone, if you don't like or understand a painting then look at the quality of the work. Before the advent of computer distorted images this man could envisage things inside out or twisted round. Very clever and wonderful.

Thanks Luis. Great forum.

Roger

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!