Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Social Etiquette
11/19/2012 6:00:30 PM
good morning Katie..again...lol

Here is a coffee for you

coffee smiling.jpg

social networking...ahh what a topic and many have their own opinions and thoughts about this wonderful ever changing landscape! What I am putting here are things that I have learned and trust me I am still learning every single day...not a bad thing by the way, but a learning curve.

I just know that there are going to be those who feel that the number is in the list and that with the sheer amount of numbers, then statistically, someone is going to listen to you...maybe! I don't agree with it and that is a fact, but like anything you need to form your opinions by asking questions and researching everything there is to know ...time consuming but worth the effort. The reality at least for me is that you are networking to brand yourself, to bring into the arena your uniqueness or your "selling point" and that takes time to find.

As for blogging, well I love blogs, I love the people who spend so much time doing what they love and creating for themselves their "own social media".. it takes work and time to build. yes blogs are fairly easy to set up, but its the doing and being your own publisher is where the real work comes in.

I will be very open and upfront with you...I am not into marketing ( that is a science that I really suck at...lol), but I love reading blogs that deal with subjects that I am interested in... families, family issues, social media etc. and I am a faithful fan to many of them...lol boy do I read a lot in a day!

You have to find your path and find what works for you..the good news is that there are many many people who will help you...all you have to do is ask.

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2012 6:13:23 PM
lol, I will get a bit redundant here...I SUCK at marketing and worse, I am one of those who would be pressing the gullible button ..or I used to!

What I am finding is that without a good profile, you are lost! Being real is paramount if you are to be taken with any credibility and learning how to leverage your credibility into something that will bring people to YOU is important, especially in today's landscape.

One thing I would add is that if you see a person who keeps changing their "programs" like they change their socks...maybe think about whether aligning yourself with them is the best thing to do?

Glad you liked the post and hope you have a fantastic evening ( see I got my timing right for a change...lol)
+0
Katie Farmer

30 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/19/2012 6:42:06 PM
I for sure want they help. take baby steps on where to start first. I want the people to know me as a real person. learn the ropes. learn how to set up and write a blog. learn the do's and dont's. it gets overwhelming but i am ready to take 1 step at a time, one day at time. the one thing I want to work on first is my people skills. develop relationships and establish friendships with others. I want them to know I am interested in getting to know them as a person and not as what can he/she do for me?
http:// www.cashcrate.com/413104
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2012 3:31:25 PM
I would like to share an article that resounded in me and can be applied to anyone who is going into business on a large scale or even a small scale.

Great words with even greater meaning....

gut instinct.jpg
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2012 4:30:50 PM
erg.jpg

""We’ve all been there. We’re “surfing the web” looking for things to read, and it hits us. We see a story link, a tweet, or perhaps something that pops up on Facebook that makes us click. It’s not because the topic is of any particular relevance to us, it’s because the story lets us vilify or make fun of someone or something. We see the headline, and we ask ourselves, “really? REALLY?? Is that person or that organization REALLY doing X?”

These words had me perk up and pay attention...

If you want to know why then I suggest you read

and that is all I will say.......................

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!