Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Social Etiquette
11/19/2012 3:54:12 AM
:) and I am learning, thank you for being a gr8 teacher !!!!!
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2012 3:56:36 AM
I wish I were Pauline...I wish I were! I will put things here that I can only hope will be of help to others and if people can take something from it and make it their own... that would be wonderful!
+0
Katie Farmer

30 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/19/2012 3:54:54 PM
develop friendships with the people you meet. don't use them to try to get business. I have seen a lot of people do that to others. that to me is not the way to operate. you want to build relationships with those friends interact with them, check on them. don't make it about yourself
http:// www.cashcrate.com/413104
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2012 4:13:29 PM
Good morning Katie and thanks for joining in this discussion ^-^

What I am noting is the people should indeed go into networking with the goal of developing relationships rather than creating a list, but for many people new to "marketing" or "social networking" that is what many people believe.

I have a friend ( good thing they are a friend...lol) who used to have this habit of inviting everybody and anybody without looking to see who the person really was. I am happy to say this person finally learned that this is not about a numbers game and now they check out every profile thoroughly to see if there is a commonality between them.

This speaks to a persons profile and image of themselves.

We need to understand that social networking is not about numbers, it truly is about relationships and it speaks to the fact that when online, we need to learn how to wear different hats and still remain true to ourselves.

Quote:
develop friendships with the people you meet. don't use them to try to get business. I have seen a lot of people do that to others. that to me is not the way to operate. you want to build relationships with those friends interact with them, check on them. don't make it about yourself
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2012 4:59:05 PM
Quote:
Good morning Katie and thanks for joining in this discussion ^-^

What I am noting is the people should indeed go into networking with the goal of developing relationships rather than creating a list, but for many people new to "marketing" or "social networking" that is what many people believe.

I have a friend ( good thing they are a friend...lol) who used to have this habit of inviting everybody and anybody without looking to see who the person really was. I am happy to say this person finally learned that this is not about a numbers game and now they check out every profile thoroughly to see if there is a commonality between them.

This speaks to a persons profile and image of themselves.

We need to understand that social networking is not about numbers, it truly is about relationships and it speaks to the fact that when online, we need to learn how to wear different hats and still remain true to ourselves.

Quote:

Yey to the both of you !! that would be my 'shout out' too ...it pays more to do business with people you know ...friends help each other along the way and grow together !!
just my 2 cents !!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!