Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: THE HUDSON RIVER SCHOOL - THOMAS COLE
4/30/2012 9:23:27 PM
Quote:
Hi Miguel, I enjoyed reading your forum and looking at the paintings. Very educational too! Nellie

Thank you Nellie for your kind comment. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit.

Hugs,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2012 9:25:28 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Here is a wonderful video that combines an impressive selection of Thomas Cole paintings with Frederic Chopin's unique music. One may find strange that they have been put together till one is reminded that although from distant realities, they both belonged to the Romantic period.

A wonderful treat.

Thank you.

You are very welcome, Roger.

Hugs,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2012 9:52:50 PM
Dear friends,

Along my own discovery of Thomas Cole's master works there are two or three of them that have impressed me most particularly by
both their great workmanship and their special atmosphere (apart from their many other qualities, that is). I guess now is a good moment for posting them.

Thomas Cole - Morning Mist Rising in Plymouth, New Hampshire (oil on canvas, 1830)

Thomas Cole -
Moonlight (oil on canvas, 1834)

Thomas Cole - Schroon Mountain, Adirondacks, Essex County, New York, after a Storm
(oil on canvas, 1837)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/1/2012 8:20:24 AM

Miguel,

I particularly like the area around the moon. Masterful.

The atmosphere is almost touchable.

Really enjoyed these.

Roger

+1
5/1/2012 1:59:52 PM

Hello Miguel and friends, like Myrna, I may not post a comment everytime I visit this thread but you can rest assured I love every second I spend here, admiring all the artwork. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. :)

PS: Just watched the video over at my thread. Fantastic artwork and I loved the music.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!