Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: THE HUDSON RIVER SCHOOL - THOMAS COLE
4/28/2012 6:51:04 PM
Quote:
Hi Miguel,

These are the most beautiful paintings. Looking at the little island reminds me of the Native Americans. Do you think he might be meditating? There is the canoe ready when needed.

Blessings,
Myrna

Thank you Myrna for your feedback. I precisely chose these paintings for their great beauty, trying to anticipate how you and visitors would react at them. As to if he might be meditating, I think yes, he might be for sure. Contemplation is the highest form of meditation and those beautiful landscapes, the mountain breeze, how the mountains and everything there reflect on the water... like there is beauty and music all about. All of it brings you into meditation by a natural process.

Thanks again,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2012 12:28:31 AM
Quote:

On the cabin painting the detail is extraordinary and the distant mountains are outstanding.

I love the balance of simplicity and detail on the American lake scene too.

The composition is perfect balance, lots of light and water and then that great naturalistic work on the islands.

Roger

Roger, you have said it all about the cabin and the lake paintings. In my opinion, it is precisely that perfect balance of simplicity and detail that you mention that produces the incredible beauty in them.

As to Cole's distant mountains, entire volumes could be written about them, so neat and beautiful they are.

Here is another work by Thomas Cole that while not featuring distant mountains but a close massif with a solitary figure ("Prometeus"), is pretty impressive too: in effect, not only does it impact the viewer with its great, luminous beauty but is unique in both conception and execution.

Thomas Cole - Prometeus bound (oil on canvas, 1846-47)

Hugs,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2012 12:49:57 AM
Here is a wonderful video that combines an impressive selection of Thomas Cole paintings with Frederic Chopin's unique music. One may find strange that they have been put together till one is reminded that although from distant realities, they both belonged to the Romantic period.

+1
Nellie .

594 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/29/2012 1:20:51 AM
Hi Miguel, I enjoyed reading your forum and looking at the paintings. Very educational too! Nellie
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2012 6:04:45 PM
Quote:
Here is a wonderful video that combines an impressive selection of Thomas Cole paintings with Frederic Chopin's unique music. One may find strange that they have been put together till one is reminded that although from distant realities, they both belonged to the Romantic period.

A wonderful treat.

Thank you.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!