Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: THE EUROPEAN ROMANTICISM IN ART - CASPAR DAVID FRIEDRICH
6/1/2011 9:54:04 PM
Dear Roger, Sara and friends,

Here is what very probably was the last work by Caspar David Friedrich. While it has an unfinished appearance, the characteristic yellow that illuminates its sky makes it particularly beautiful. But not only is this painting graced by such a peculiar beauty; it also might hold the clue to a life-long spiritual search on Friedrich's part.

Caspar David Friedrich - Neubrandenburg in Flames (Sunrise near Neubrandenburg)
(oil on canvas, 1835)

(More on this later)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/1/2011 10:15:54 PM

The sybolism here is wonderful.

Those colours again but a surreal sunrise.

I love it

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2011 6:10:24 PM
It does look like we are trudging behind him after a long arduous journey and finally getting to see the promised land.
Like Moses, all will not get to cross over, but are blessed to hold a glimpse before they pass on.
I feel like I should get a good rest and refreshment and get back on the road to complete the journey, because you can only see the true splendor behind the gates.
+1
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/16/2011 5:07:36 AM
Hi Luis Miguel,

Just coming back here to see the latest posts. To me, these pictures have been most enjoyable to see, & coming back from the time before, I have viewed them all again. This thread about Friedrich's work has been one of my personal favorites. Beautifully done Luis. Thank you for all the work that you put into your forum threads.

Take care,
Cheryl
http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/7/2011 5:29:37 PM
Dear friends,

I am afraid that this thread must come to an end after our long fascinating quest into Caspar David Friedrich's life and works. But I don't want to let it go without posting an interesting portrait of him - by another artist - suggesting in his features that he indeed was a tormented soul
and his career one in consonance with such a character (you may click on the image to somewhat enlarge it).

Gerhard von Kügelgen - Portrait of Caspar David Friedrich
(c. 1810–20)

Also, this charming video that I am sure you will enjoy.

Thank you,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!