Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A RUSSIAN MODERN MYSTIC - NICHOLAS ROERICH
11/13/2010 7:02:48 PM

I thought that this was wonderful.

Whilst looking through images I found this posted in a blog.

This person has compared a friend's crystal with a Roerich painting.

crystal1.jpg
This crystal isn’t from the mine, it is in the house of a friend.

The pictures of the Crystal Cave remind me of the famous painting of Nicholas Roerich “Most Sacred – Treasure of the Mountain” of 1933. He is combining in his pictures sublime spirituality with extraordinary beauty.

most_sacred.jpg

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/13/2010 7:15:35 PM

I'm so excited about this subject.

Although very different techniques and approaches are evident I see similarities with Richard Dad. I don't mean to divert this forum elsewhere I just wanted to bring an example.

Artist's Halt in the Desert by Moonlight (Richard Dad 1800 - 1899)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/14/2010 12:19:31 AM
Quote:

Luis,

I recalled seeing a particular painting and my research found it.

Like many of the mountain scenes this one too is full of spirituality and that wonderful air of calm. His paintings appeal to me because of their beautiful simplicity coupled with detailed focal points.

I have a Japanese book which I found in a Charity fund-raising shop. It's small amount of text is entirely in Japanese (which I don't understand) but the photographs of Japan are MORE than breathtaking. They are real, but some share this artist's pictorial sense of beauty and isolation. I was meant to find it. I have resisted the call to get a translation.

Here is the picture that I remembered seeing:

Krishna. Spring in Kulu

File:Nicholas Roerich 008.jpg

Roger,
You don't have to be sorry, you are always welcome to bring all the images you want to contribute especially if they are as beautiful as this one is. And if they have such an inspiring name as this one has, all the better as far as I am concerned.
Maybe you know my Hindu given name is Krishnananda, so you can imagine how happy I am with your choice; and also with your comments, so filled always with good content.
Best Wishes,
Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/14/2010 1:23:46 AM
Quote:

The pictures of the Crystal Cave remind me of the famous painting of Nicholas Roerich “Most Sacred – Treasure of the Mountain” of 1933. He is combining in his pictures sublime spirituality with extraordinary beauty.

Hi again Roger,

That is something that I must admit I had not thought about before, but I can see now that apart from the unquestionable plasticity that the great majority of Roerich's paintings have, it is this crystalline quality that you have brought about with your remark that gives them something like a new dimension in spiritual beauty which, as you say, can only come from Roerich's own spirituality.

In fact, I had noted certain
elongated geometrical forms in some of his paintings that appealed to me as something vaguely related to crystalline shapes, such as you can find in the high mountain caves. Here is one of those paintings, actually similar to the one you posted (you may click on the image to enlarge it):

Nicholas Roerich - Tibet Himalayas (tempera on canvas, 1933)

Tomorrow I will try to make some comment on this other great discovery of yours, Richard Dadd, though I will tell you right now that I have already found wonderful paintings by him.

So see you tomorrow (I hope),

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/14/2010 10:54:08 AM
Well it is now 5:15 in the morning and I could not resist posting the below beautiful painting by Richard Dadd (sorry Nicholas Roerich, but I will get back to you in my next post). You may click on the image if you want to appreciate its spectacular detail. And thank you, Roger; I now have another great English artist to admire and it will certainly be a pleasure to collect his paintings - among my files in my computer, that is.

Richard Dadd - Minaret of the Great Mosque, Damascus (oil)

And, Roger, you are certainly right in your appreciation of the similarity of both styles. He was obviously as engrossed with the Oriental exotism as Roerich was and his motivation seems to have been highly spiritual too, though Dadd also seems to have been more attracted to detail and to the themes of the English Romanticism, as one of his most celebrated paintings, The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke, attests (see below too). And there is an interesting page dedicated to him, the Richad Dadd Page, here.
Thanks again,
Miguel

Richard Dadd - The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke

+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!