Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A RUSSIAN MODERN MYSTIC - NICHOLAS ROERICH
11/14/2010 3:41:27 PM

I'm not at all surprised at your excitement.

I think it's true that Dadd paid the price of brilliance by going mad, killing his father and ended up in a mental instituion, poor soul.

Some of his work is really Pre-Raphaelite in feel and some is very complicated.

I was honoured to see the DISCOVERY of that wonderful painting that I featured. It was taken along to the Antiques Roadshow TV programme for valuation and identification and was the cause of great excitement.

It was the quality of the light around the fire that made it so acclaimed.

ART IS REALLY EXCITING ISN'T IT?

Here is another Roerich Painting that I know you will love.

[Volok_by_Roerich.jpg]

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/14/2010 5:45:02 PM
Hello Roger,

Good morning (it is morning here). And thank you so much for that beautiful painting by Nicholas Roerich:
apart from its beauty, which permeates it, it is full of color and energy and originality. I do love it, all the more since I had never seen it before. But then, it is the same with approximately six thousand and nine hundred other paintings by him.

Back to Richard Dadd, his art obviously was that of a genius, he was a genius, and so I guess he was more prone to fits of madness; but I did not know he killed his father, how terrible. Even so, I think a genius should be shown more commiseration than we would others. I can intuitively realize that a genius' personality can be a lot more unbalanced and hence more fragile than that of a normal person.

Answering your question, YES, art is pretty exciting.

What about this other gem of a painting by Nicholas Roerich for a change? It is dedicated to you, my only visitor so far. Unlike his other temperas, this one was painted on carboard, which I suppose is what gave it that hazy appearance it has.

Nicholas Roerich - Mother of Ghengis Khan (1931)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
11/14/2010 7:27:51 PM

So sorry to be late getting here but I have enjoyed looking at all the latest paintings. Miguel, I confess you come up with artists I have never heard of and from that I learn more. Thank you.

Blessings,

Sara

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/14/2010 7:44:07 PM

Sara,

That's a great YouTube video.

I suggest to everyone.

Watch it full-screen. Click the square on the bottom right of the video screen.

Wonderful.

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/14/2010 8:28:01 PM
Hi Luis,

I agree with Sara you keep coming up with all these artist I never heard. Well the truth for me I never bother before. Like I told you before I was interested. You have really awakened me to a whole new world.
I really like this one, it makes me feel like I am in a dream, so pretty.

Myrna.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!