Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Portrait of A Scammer
11/3/2010 12:46:44 AM

Thanks Joyce, one always has to ask "Why Me" if you have so much money you need to launder, just do it yourself. Common sense says he didn't really pick me to be a part of his/her crime. Criminals stealing back accounts don't ask strangers to drive the car and hold the bag.

Common sense goes out the back window when GREED kicks in.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2010 12:50:32 AM

Levester, you did exactly right. It would be easy to ignore the scammer and go our own way but then who would protect our fellow Adlanders. If I remember right he had a most dignified name, pic was a handsome business man and he was looking for a partner in his "about me". He unlike the man/woman I posted here, exposed himself in the 'about me", while this scammer sent private messages.

The words "report abuse" appear at the bottom of every alp page.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2010 12:52:22 AM
Don, report them in before deleting. We have to keep all adlanders safe. If we delete and ignore the scammer is free to continue.
+0
11/3/2010 5:58:45 AM
These come through my domain addresses there's no one to report them too.
__________________ Don Vaughn A Newbies Journey www.a-newbiesjourney.com Follow me on twitter --------------- Instead of worrying about what people say of you, why not spend time trying to accomplish something they will admire.
+0
11/3/2010 6:53:57 AM
LOL sounds familiar, I got a total ofabout 18 of those type. I believe it has a nigerian dialect to it.They are getting better at it but usually the tell all vernacular in the sentence structure is a dead give away.
One I received presented theirself as a widow of a millionare from some made up european country,lol, this stuff amuses me and I play with them to see if I can gain the advantage.
When you think about it, it is sad for the reason that many jobless males in brokjen countries have to resort to scamming to get by. I say they are misdirected and could use training in legit work. What do you all say to that?
The only people who get fooled by them are the greedy ones and that is what these ascammers are betting,bluffing on,that one in a thousand that get sucked in and buy into the fictitious story;
Some of you here might be familiar with the classic story scam where a phony email is made to look like a lottery foundation saying you are assured of a million but you must only send a couple of thousand as processing fees to claim your prize.The internet is strewned with pirates and scammers and trolls and everyone of good intent and much to do about nothing.Same as its always been.Got that November feeling
Gregg Andely
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!