Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Portrait of A Scammer
11/2/2010 2:13:28 PM

Sara, the sad thing is that this person is right here in our Adlandpro community with many disabled, elderly and desperate to get rich fast type people. These know a ripe apple tree when they see it.

Yes, there are clues on these profiles. I have shown some of them in the post here. Educate yourselves folks. Look before you invite people. If you use the lists here in this forum you have a better chance of getting trusted friends. I can assure only that the profiles and responses here in our community lead us to believe that they are honorable people. What online scams via sites we cannot know nor predict. Knowedge and stay level headed is the key. Stay away from pie in the sky opportunities.

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2010 2:41:09 PM

I would only add, know your own goals!

If you are looking to earn a little money then the offer of millions is not what you are looking for!

On the rare occasion that I answer my phone (LOL) and have a conversation with a 'qualifier', I have to think of his goal (making me spend money) vs my goal (not spending money).

Also, reading through these things carefully shows the gaps in logic-I have never forgotten how to diagram a sentence, teacher:) That helps in way more than just English composition.

+0
11/2/2010 3:03:33 PM

Just last month I had the unfortunate run-in with a scammer who contacted me. He claims he was from the U.K. and was in need of me to enter into a transaction with him for a large sum of money. He only wanted me to do a few thing and I would become wealthy, very quickly.

I recognized this and with the help of a fellow member reported him to AP.

Keep up the good work in exposing such GREEDY people!!!!!

Thanks Mary

+0
11/2/2010 6:35:41 PM
They are everywhere and now here. I am not surprised. I read a book called Stop Being a Victim that talked a lot about the types of scams that are all over the Internet. I think the author forgot about these guys. Anyway I get that kind of stuff in my email all the time. Can we say delete?
__________________ Don Vaughn A Newbies Journey www.a-newbiesjourney.com Follow me on twitter --------------- Instead of worrying about what people say of you, why not spend time trying to accomplish something they will admire.
+0
11/2/2010 7:10:28 PM
Quote:

Sara, the sad thing is that this person is right here in our Adlandpro community with many disabled, elderly and desperate to get rich fast type people. These know a ripe apple tree when they see it.

Yes, there are clues on these profiles. I have shown some of them in the post here. Educate yourselves folks. Look before you invite people. If you use the lists here in this forum you have a better chance of getting trusted friends. I can assure only that the profiles and responses here in our community lead us to believe that they are honorable people. What online scams via sites we cannot know nor predict. Knowedge and stay level headed is the key. Stay away from pie in the sky opportunities.

Mary and all of you - I would like to report this person is no longer with Adland. However, as many of us are aware, they will return with a different name. So stay alert.

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!