Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Robert Vaughan

270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Vote for the 253rd POTW
10/15/2010 1:29:32 PM
Hi Barry & Other Friends and Members Here !

As an Adlander Plus, and A Gold Member, and a Part of the Adlandpro Community for some 5 Years Almost Now, I am Not too Sure why this Recent POTW Nomination has caused such an Upproar?.

I feel as people here have aired their Dissatisfaction, I am Entitled to Make a Comment as a Fully Paid Up member.

Adlandpro is many Different things to many Different People.

I for one Personally as many of you know use Adland Pro to Network, Promote, and Advertise my Business Opportunities. I purchase my Credits and I Send out Ads on a Regular Basis. ANYONE who objects or Is Unhappy about receiving my Ads CAN either Just Delete the Email/AD, or if they feel they do not want to receive Offers From me, CAN BLOCK me from Sending Messages etc to them. That is Called Freedom of Choice. And as Far as I am Concerned we all have that Freedom and Choice when it comes to Joining Forums, Getting involved in Them , AND Voting or Not Voting on POTW or Any Other Forum that is up for Nominating/Voting.

I do not want to get involved in Politics here, BUT I DO feel that as Sensible Adults, with Choices, we should be able to deal with Any Members we feel are Abusing the Site and System, in an Adult Manner.

Adlandpro is a Great Community, full of Great People, and Providing Many Great Tools, Features, and Opportunities. Lets NOT Create unwanted atmospheres, or Vendetta's here against any Individuals. There will always be a Few Inconsiderate Individuals who will try and Spoil things for the Majority. We have a Choice to Ignore them and Block them from having Contact with us, or Joining any of our Forums if we Wish.

Thank You Everyone.

Have a Great Weekend

Sincerely

Bob Vaughan U.K.
Robert D Vaughan
+0
10/15/2010 1:32:13 PM

Roger, as I stated earlier, I do hope you change your mind and vote. If the end results are as you state - then, I too, might not be happy. This is why it is important that we vote.

Bill, I am sorry you feel the way you do about the voting forums. It used to be 'fixed' at one time but I believe with all of us working together, we have a much better and more stable voting system. You are entitled to your opinion and it is good to have you drop by and state it. I wish you would vote.

Have a good day,

Sara

+0
10/15/2010 1:35:35 PM

Quote:
Hi Barry.

Sorry that I have put you on the side for a while

But now I`m back and just made my vote.

Have an fantastic weekend to you and all
the nominated one.

Arve, it is great to see you back and thank you for voting and for your support.

Have a great weekend also!

Sara

+0
10/15/2010 1:47:26 PM

Now for an explanation. I suppose many of you are wondering why I am in here posting so much. Well, I agreed sometime back to help with the POTW because I believe it is a rewarding program for members who are doing a worthy job in the community.

All of you who have won this award at various times can appreciate the joy of recognition. I would like to see it continue so that others can also have that feeling of accomplishment.

Barry does all the hard work here, I just try to catch up the flack and do promoting. He deserves our respect and support. I have chosen to work more or less 'behind the scenes' but I did want to come here today and let you know that I am behind this forum 100%. I am not privy to anything you send directly to Barry, so please continue to send in your nominees. He will probably be in later to make some comments.

Let us all work together to make this an even better POTW and turn this into something good that has happened to call our attention to the fact that we need to get involved.

My best wishes to all of you and a positive outcome from this experience.

Sara

+0
10/15/2010 3:35:18 PM
Soooo Sara, I was right. You are a member of the POTW team. Why have you not been upfront about that? Why the big secret? I have suspected it for some time after watching you reply to posts in this forum before and from some of your replies this time. I may rarely post here but that doesn't mean I don't keep up with it.
I rarely vote anymore because this is not the first time scammers/spammers have been nominated and even won this so called award. I call that scraping the bottom of the barrel. Sara did you do your due diligence on your nominee? I see in one forum where she is promoting a gifting program. How is this any better than what the person being attacked is doing? I have my opinion on some of the other nominees too.
This award ceased being honorable a long time ago and you may say it isn't "fixed" but I beg to differ there as anyone that keeps up with it can see otherwise.
Also some people may have the best of intentions but we are all adults here and I for one do not need a mommy or a daddy watching out for me. I especially don't like seeing my friends attacked to the point they will no longer log in. Posting peoples names and going into their advertising forums and calling them a scammer can have the opposite effect other the one that was intended. Again why not use the PM system to privately voice your concerns to someone if you think something is a scam instead of blasting it all over the community?
As I have said many times before, I read back through the post history at least once a day and sometimes more often and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a LOT of people have quit posting their opportunities because they don't want to be personally attacked in a public forum as has been happening on a regular basis.
If everyone who reads back through the post history every day will notice that most of these spammers/scammers don't last long and I think that is because they aren't getting the desired effect they intended. I have seen it happen too many times in my more than four years here.
There are also people here who have waaayyyy too much time on their hands which could be better utilized in some other way.
These are my opinions and I am sticking to them.
Everyone have an awesome day. :)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!