Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Vote for the 253rd POTW
10/21/2010 2:36:17 PM
Hello Barry & Team, thanks so much for this great feature week in and week out. It is fabulous. I have voted, good luck all, and remember to vote on November 2 if you live in the USA. Steve
Adlandpro is one of my fave sites as the people are fanta-bulous, the networking is great, having a place to share ads and info rocks! For over 20 years now I've been part of a huge T.E.A.M., where "Together Everyone Achieves More." Our dreams and goals are to help as many folks succeed as possible no matter what occupation or biz you are in. I have 3 main blogs or websites, including expertise in blogging, forums, communities, network marketing, social networking, advertising, lead generation, SEO & more. Love connecting with like-minded individuals. Thanks so much, Mark Stephen Hauser of http://www.facebook.com/martinezshopper and my main blog https://martinezshopperdotws.blogspot.com/
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2010 5:25:36 PM
Looks like we have a winner. Congratulations Francisco.....?

USABear2_Congrats_KMG.jpg

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2010 6:50:14 PM

Congratulations, Francisco!

He's the only nominee I have had communications with prior to this.

I would not have even come in to vote except I saw posts from 2 high-profile members at Facebook saying they couldn't believe someone was in the lead and did not want that person to win. NOT GOOD COMMUNITY SPIRIT!!

So I came in and voted and also contacted a few friends, I know at least one of them voted, and one also logged in who hadn't even been here for 2 months.

Facebook is just a click away, and posting in hopes of someone NOT winning just arouses curiosity, maybe that's a way to get more traffic into the election, but not a good way.

Francisco gained at least 2 votes, maybe 3 or 4, directly because of those who posted at Facebook about who they hoped would NOT win.

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2010 12:30:22 AM
Quote:

I would not have even come in to vote except I saw posts from 2 high-profile members at Facebook saying they couldn't believe someone was in the lead and did not want that person to win. NOT GOOD COMMUNITY SPIRIT!!

So I came in and voted and also contacted a few friends, I know at least one of them voted, and one also logged in who hadn't even been here for 2 months.

Facebook is just a click away, and posting in hopes of someone NOT winning just arouses curiosity, maybe that's a way to get more traffic into the election, but not a good way.

Francisco gained at least 2 votes, maybe 3 or 4, directly because of those who posted at Facebook about who they hoped would NOT win.

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2010 1:03:52 PM
I'll join Jim and Kathleen in congratulating Francisco on his POTW win.

Since I've not been online all that much for the past two weeks and I am not a frequent visitor at Facebook I wasn't aware of the negative postings there. Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me all that much and I have an inkling of who those "2 high profile" Adland members might be. I wonder if I'm right with my "inkling"? Community spirit be d*amned when it comes to self interests it seems or is it two different faces of these high profile members?

I guess most of us are aware that negative advertisements sometimes have a positive outcome.

Shalom,

Peter
Quote:

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!