Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Stuff to make you think
12/7/2013 9:46:21 PM
Quote:

So atrocious that there is still slavery in the world. I too pray God for it to cease once and for all and in all its modes.

Miguel

I agree Miguel.

What is incredible is that some enslaved people mix quite normally with people during their lives but they are taught that they cannot escape the hold upon them and so never tell anyone.

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2013 11:26:26 AM

Well folks.

All good things come to an end.

After monitoring the responses to forums and even more so the posts I have decided that this forum and most of my other forums and threads are to end.

I have learned a lot from posting gathered or known information and hopefully have given others enjoyment too.

There are some great people here so I'm not going away completely but I shall drop into the wall and perhaps have one thread somewhere.

The amount of time I spend researching and posting is significant and I have decided that, as so many people never visit anymore that the time to step back is here.

I have tried to engage newbies, to start 'how to use to use Adland', I've tried to get folks posting but to no avail.

I have made it to page one of the posters stats but it makes little difference.

I will continue to visit and to post when I can but my input will be less.

I have stated here that my present goal is to meet that brave young lady Malala from Pakistan. My efforts this year will be to forward the cause of women's right to equal education worldwide so I shall continue my Malala thread here.

Thank you to all who have suported me up until now to now.

I shall be canceling my forum post notifications but watch the recent activity box.

I hope that my reduced presence is not too significant.

Roger Macdivitt

+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2013 11:50:16 PM
10_1_136.gifHi Roger,

It is a sad day indeed. I would like to say reconsider, however I know that you are right. I still post on my various threads, however except for a small group of dedicated followers, I am just spinning my wheels. What I cannot understand is the fact that at AdlandPro Community we have more freedom then on any other website on the internet, and very few people take advantage of that. When I put up a new forum or post to one of my threads, I don't expect everyone to agree with me. However, I would like to know what there opinion is. I have gotten to the point that if I have something to say, I am going to say it perhaps to myself because no one else seems to care. What I have noticed, and I'm sure others have noticed as well that I will create a forum on a subject that I am concerned about. I won't get any responses from it, however I will see another forum almost the same as mine that was posted by someone else that has several responses. I have done that myself on occasions, not knowing that someone else had a similar forum or thread. On those occasions I would ad a link to the other person's thread and invite people to read more about this subject at this link. Those of us that have tried to do our best to keep people informed have spent a lot of time and research on it, to no avail. This is like having a car lot with every car imaginable and putting up a sign saying. "Pick the one you like and take it. The key is in the ignition." A lot of people would avoid this offer because there must be a catch, however there would be some that would choose the vehicle that they wanted, get in, start it up, and stop at the office and say, "The gas tank is only half full, how come?" I don't care about how many points I will get for posting a forum or post, or about what kind of recognition I am going to get for it. I am more interested in meeting new people, making real friendships, and doing something that is right for all. Through the years I have met some wonderful people and you know that you are right at the top of that list. GOD BLESS YOU for everything.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com
smogmeinichols3.jpgCould I at least interest you in a free ride?
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/27/2014 8:08:01 PM

I wasn't aware of this custom in the Netherlands. Its very kind and honorable. The young lady playing the trumpet is amazing!

About six miles from Maastricht, in the Netherlands, lie buried 8,301 American soldiers who died in "Operation Market Garden" in the battles to liberate Holland in the fall and winter of 1944-5. Every one of the men buried in the cemetery, as well as those in the Canadian and British military cemeteries, has been adopted by a Dutch family who mind the grave, decorate it, and keep alive the memory of the soldier they have adopted. It is even the custom to keep a portrait of "their" American soldier in a place of honor in their home. Annually, on "Liberation Day," memorial services are held for "the men who died to liberate Holland." The day concludes with a concert. The final piece is always "Il Silenzio," a memorial piece commissioned by the Dutch and first played in 1965 on the 20th anniversary of Holland's liberation. It has been the concluding piece of the memorial concert ever since.

This year the soloist was a 13-year-old Dutch girl, Melissa Venema, backed by André Rieu and his orchestra (the Royal Orchestra of the Netherlands). This beautiful concert piece is based upon the original version of taps and was composed by Italian composer Nino Rossi.

Watch at this site and go full screen. It's very beautiful and moving.

http://www.flixxy.com/trumpet-solo-melissa-venema.htm

+2
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/28/2014 12:03:14 AM
Hi Roger,

I have seen this before and thought this girl was wonderful, but never knew what, why and where. Thanks for the info on the reason for this celebration. Indeed it is very touching.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!